We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world’s leading supplier of probe cards used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, agile, growing company that values diversity of thought and constantly strives for a more diverse, inclusive environment. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
The Production Planner will perform the planning function for FormFactor’s fastest growing product line.
The Production Planner will be responsible for properly planning and scheduling work orders to launch sales order demands to the production floor in support of established product lead-times and on time delivery targets. The planner will also be responsible for inventory management of all work in process and finished goods inventories; serving as the primary liaison between production and order administration/sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all aspects of planning, scheduling, job management, BOM verification and timely delivery for assigned products
- Hands on positions that will work with Production team to ensure we deliver parts to customer on time
- Monitor WIP levels to identify potential on time delivery issues
- Own and maintain WIP metrics to improve factory Cycle time
- Maintain and prioritize queues within the work cell dispatch center; issuing kit releases in support of build schedules and ensuring proper transfer of completed assemblies from WIP to next level assembly or finished goods.
- Communicates to purchasing with regard to part number specific supply chain strategies and urgency.
- Coordinate and expedite the flow of parts, sub-assemblies, and material to work cells to ensure production schedule and customer commitments are met.
- Review purchasing and inventory reports including, but not limited to min/max levels, item demand history and usage, reorder points, and two bin kanban sizing; balancing levels against inventory turns and production/customer lead-time requirements.
- Provide input and oversight of routings and planning bills of material (BOMs) in support of material resource planning (MRP) requirements.
- Analyze inventory variances and suggest/follow up on corrective actions to ensure avoidance of stock-outs or excess materials.
- Responsible for identifying capacity limitations and communicating to management to ensure plans can be achieved.
- Provide weekly achievement updates and monthly operational updates.
- Work with the sales operations, manufacturing and purchasing teams to establish and maintain capacity models and track loading
- Work closely with Sales Ops, Planning, Procurement, and Operations to achieve lead time reduction and on time delivery targets
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in Planning and Operations. High tech or semiconductor planning experience preferred
- Proficient in advanced use of MS Excel. Additional experiences with Agile, Oracle, Salesforce, or equivalent ERP system strongly preferred.
- Experience with MRP and MES systems in a high-tech manufacturing environment is preferred
- Detail oriented and have excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Able to excel in a dynamic, rapidly changing, team-oriented environment.
- Have excellent MS office skills
- Able to work independently and with minimal supervision while delivering on results.
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment.