Detailed and hands-on role with Follett’s General Accounting team, this person will participate in many aspects of Follett Higher Ed Group’s accounting. Role responsibilities include preparing journal entries, monthly reconciliations, participating in month end close, assisting with audits and other projects as needed. This role will partner with Follett Corporate Accounting on allocation entries and be the primary contact for Follett Gift Cards, working closely with Operations and Store team members. The ideal candidate will utilize an entrepreneurial mindset while learning and then developing efficiencies for these tasks.
- Prepare and record journal entries related to balance sheet and income statement activity, utilizing and applying knowledge of Accounting to assigned tasks (e.g. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and as well as company policies).
- Other Accounting admin responsibilities will include: monitoring gift card activation requests from field, activating cards, maintaining log for monthly journal entry and analysis; working directly with store operations team members on various requests; serving as backup for cash transfers.
- Prepare/maintain various reports (Excel, PowerPoint.) for internal department use and store operations.
- Advise store operations on how to handle/resolve transactions with a financial impact, work with IT as needed.
- Reconcile all assigned balance sheet accounts and perform financial statement variance analysis.
- Communicate, create and/or follow company policies and procedures.
- Create analytical schedules supporting financial statements, audits, initiatives, ad hoc requests, etc.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- 0-3 years experience
- CPA or MBA desired
- At times during the monthly or year-end financial close additional hours may be required.