The Program Specialist is responsible for assisting and supporting the FIU Online Enrollment and Recruitment Team by providing quality and efficient customer service educating prospective student leads on FIU Online fully-online programs. Additionally, the position is responsible for assisting the manager with development, analysis, and implementation of daily duties within the contact center.
- Supports the Enrollment and Recruitment Team by communicating with prospective students through a variety of communication channels in order to cultivate and enhance enrollment interest through the point of initial inquiry to submission of application. Responds to prospective student inquires regarding program information, enrollment, registration, and escalates when needed.
- Closely assists and oversees Online Enrollment Associates in identifying and following outlined processes and duties.
- Works with the Enrollment Team and Enrollment and Recruitment Manager on analyzing all data with the goal of meeting metrics and increasing lead to application conversions.
- Provides daily direction and communication to the team so that customer service calls are answered in a timely, efficient and knowledgeable manner.
- Collaborates with the Enrollment and Recruitment Manager to effectively lead and guide the team in routine core functions of student recruitment, including enhancing recruitment outreach, documenting student contacts, and setting future appointments.
- Works alongside Enrollment & Recruitment Coordinators to manage prospective student lead-to-enrollment conversion.
- Participates in recruiting events and promotional activities.
- Responsible for suggesting methods to improve area operations, efficiency and service to both staff and prospective students.
- Leads ongoing call-a-thons to move prospective students through the pipeline in order to meet online program enrollment goals.
- High school diploma or GED and six (6) years of office or related experience coordinating functions of an office or department.
- Able to work 1 Saturday a month
- Able to work 1 day per week on late shift of 1pm-9pm
- Strong organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership and team-building skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse team members.
- Advanced PC skills, especially related to Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Experience working with students in an educational setting.
- Experience in a sales environment.
- Experience using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- $30,000 – $35,000
Begin time: 9:00 AM
End time: 5:30 PM
- Criminal Background Check
- Fingerprinting Check
- Ability to work flexible hours as needed.