The Enrollment Processing Officer I will be primarily responsible for the evaluation of academic credentials and the determination of students admissibility to Florida International University’s academic degree programs. The position is responsible for posting admissions decisions, completing detailed academic evaluations, determining the validity and authenticity of admissions documents. Position acts as a liaison to the assigned academic units, primarily at the graduate level.
- Serves as liaison between the office of Admissions Operations and assigned academic units regarding admissions requirements and processing activities related to the department program. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Admissions Operations and supports the admissions and enrollment goals of the university.
- Evaluates transcripts, computes GPAs and processes admissions decisions for graduate applications into degree-seeking programs, but may also include any FIU applicant during peak admissions periods.
- Assists with trainings, reporting, planning and programming such as educational events, Open Houses and other activities with other Enrollment Services offices. Takes on additional assignments such as assisting students/parents in in person or on the phone at the Enrollment Services OneStop, including case management in SalesForce.
- Evaluates application documentation for authenticity, updates student records in PantherSoft and conducts research to determine if post-secondary institution(s) are accredited and/or recognized using reference books and internet resources to determine whether FIU requirements are met.
- Remains up to date on evaluation standards, educational practices and the latest information on academic policy regarding graduate admissions standards.
- Interacts with academic departments, recruiters and other internal parties concerning the progress of applicants; offers guidance to students throughout the application and admissions process as it relates pending documents, residency guidelines, and admissions criteria.
- Assists the Admissions Operations leadership with identifying systems-based process and service inefficiencies; collaborates with leadership on projects aimed at improving applicant experience through the admissions process and supporting the academic units process and procedures.
- Complies with admissions criteria as set by the Florida Board of Governors and the University Graduate School.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of related experience.
- Knowledge of and/or experience with undergraduate or graduate admissions within a large university setting.
- University systems/student data systems experience, e.g. PeopleSoft.
- Experience using SalesForce or similar CRM.
TO LEARN MORE AND SUBMIT YOUR INTEREST FOR THIS POSITION, VISIT OUR SITE AT CAREERS.FIU.EDU AND SEARCH FOR 523377.