Responsible for the design, implementation and support of mobile applications to support College’s initiatives. Works with senior team members to provide information systems and data analytic solutions to support and improve the College’s operations. Analyzes system requirements and ensures that systems are effectively integrated with current applications
- Designs and develops dynamic, native mobile apps to support College’s initiatives, improve business processes, and provide better user experience and accessibility.
- Designs and implements information systems which adequately support the College of Business operations, and ensures that such systems meet end- user requirements and expectations.
- Designs and optimizes data driven applications by developing cross- browser and cross-platform compatible solutions including middle-ware applications that can inter-connect University systems directly to the College’s applications.
- Implements server-side code by hand-coding, analyzing, debugging, and delivering clean, validated, maintainable code. Develops and executes test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance.
- Works with senior team members to provide technological database solutions for enterprise applications that ensure database consistency and integrity by capturing user requirements, designing and developing database architectures, developing stored procedures and queries and following quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Supports creation of customized reports in response to user needs by integrating and querying data from multiple data sources (college and university databases). Assists in providing data warehousing and data analytics solutions for the college.
- Maintains and troubleshoots technical and non-technical issues related to existing applications.
- Maintains a high level of awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies by keeping team members informed as appropriate, with a view of incorporating these in future projects and staying ahead of the market.
- Documents clearly and thoroughly system specifications, program code, configurations, procedures, maintenance, and automated processes.
- Provides accurate timing estimates for work based on verbal and written technical briefs, prioritizing and managing workload effectively.
Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Studies or other technical discipline and one (1) year of related experience OR an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Experience of programming using C# (ideal) and/or Java and Swift.
- Experience in mobile (iOS and Android) application development.
- Knowledge of the Xamarin Framework/C# with .NET, while utilizing Visual Studio as the development environment.
- Experience publishing applications on the Play Store and App Store.
- Knowledge of UX/UI design.
- Experience with C# Web API and Xaml.
- Experience with mobile notification services, preferably Firebase Cloud Messaging.
- Experience in website development and web graphic design, programming, indexing, scripting and site maintenance. Competent in HTML, XHTML, CSS, Java Script and software development tools and languages including but not limited to Visual Studio.NET, CFML, Java, PHP, XML, C#, and Transact-SQL programming.
- Technical knowledge in systems integration using Web Services/APIs.
- Working knowledge of database management, analysis, and design.
- Some experienced with MS SQL Server (MSSQL 2008, 2012, 2014) and data warehousing.
TO LEARN MORE AND/OR SUBMIT YOUR INTEREST FOR THIS POSITION, VISIT OUR SITE AT CAREERS.FIU.EDU AND SEARCH FOR 523057.