The Test Technician is involved in production work, QC testing, and/or R&D work with Engineering. This work entails electro-mechanical assembly of small to large robots, testing of incoming components as well as functionality testing for finished assemblies or sub systems, and hands on work with engineering to help develop prototype concepts and designs.
- Assembles, tests, troubleshoots, and repairs electrical, mechanical, and robotic systems/assemblies; provides feedback and implements approved solutions.
- Completes full system test of integrated systems as well as individual components.
- Helps develop and write testing procedures for systems.
- Assembles mechanical parts and wire electronic components according to manufacturing documentation (assembly instructions/process documents) into sub-units or complete units.
- Assembles, repairs and fabricates parts by operating mechanical equipment or tools, while adhering to proper handling and safety requirements.
- Performs work in accordance with quality and engineering standards and completes, production/quality related documentation.
- Maintains thorough system documentation and records.
- Complete any other work-related tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
- 5 + years of experience in electro-mechanical assembly (crimping, soldering, and various hand tools) and repair in a manufacturing/quality/R&D environment.
- Control systems and CPU configuration experience.
- Experience with various communication types (serial, digital, fiber, CAN bus).
- Understanding of mechanical assembly concepts (gear and motor drive assembly) and signal analysis (power, video and RF).
- Experience using testing equipment (multi-meters, power supplies, load banks, signal generators, oscilloscope etc.).
- Experience working with various hand tools including wrenches, screwdrivers, torque tools, small power tools, etc.
- Associates degree or higher in an electronic or networking field (preferred).
- Able and willing to work overtime as needed.
About FLIR Systems, Inc.
The World’s Sixth Sense
FLIR Systems, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes technologies that enhance perception and awareness. We bring innovative sensing solutions into daily life through our thermal imaging systems, visible-light imaging systems, locator systems, measurement and diagnostic systems, and advanced threat detection systems. Our products improve the way people interact with the world around them, enhance public safety and well-being, increase energy efficiency, and enable healthy and entertained communities.