The Electro Mechanical Assembler is involved in assembly and production work alongside technicians and Engineers. This work entails electro mechanical assembly of small to large robots, testing of incoming components as well as functionality testing for finished assemblies or sub systems, and hands on work with engineering to help develop prototype concepts and designs.
- Assemble mechanical parts and wire electronic components in accordance to manufacturing documentation (assembly instructions/process documents) into sub-units or complete units.
- Mechanical assembly, including gear and motor drive assembly.
- Perform leak and vacuum seal checks on equipment.
- Assemble parts into sub-units or complete units, including sub-assembly, process assembly, inspection, modifications, upgrades and rework.
- Responsible for inspecting and testing work before moving to next routing step.
- Completes production/quality related documentation.
- Performs work in accordance with quality and engineering standards.
- Complete any other work-related tasks as directed by supervisor.
- Applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, U.S. national, legal permanent resident, asylee, refugee or must be eligible to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
- 2-5 + years of work experience in electro-mechanical assembly within a manufacturing/production environment.
- Experience using measuring tools (multi-meters, continuity testers, tape measures, calipers) and hand tools (wrenches, screwdrivers, torque tools, small power tools).
- Electro mechanical experience with schematic reading and comprehension (mechanical and electrical).
- Certifications in IPC-610, IPC-620, J-Standard 001, or a Quality controlled environment (current or non-current) preferred.
- Associates Degree in Electronic field (preferred).
- Strong communication/organization skills and a team player.
- Able and willing to work overtime as needed.
About FLIR Systems, Inc.
The World’s Sixth Sense
FLIR Systems, Inc. designs, develops, manufactures, markets, and distributes technologies that enhance perception and awareness. We bring innovative sensing solutions into daily life through our thermal imaging systems, visible-light imaging systems, locator systems, measurement and diagnostic systems, and advanced threat detection systems. Our products improve the way people interact with the world around them, enhance public safety and well-being, increase energy efficiency, and enable healthy and entertained communities.