Perform duties to assist and support Accounting Team with preparation of monthly financial statements, packages and reports for assigned properties, within the limits of standard or accepted pratice.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assist in preparing Balance Sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules.
2. Prepare journal entries. Enter journal entries into the accounting system as needed. Review monthly reports of general ledger accounts to ensure accuracy, and under guidance correct errors prior to close of accounting period.
3. Conduct research on any outstanding or unexplained items and assist in identifying and explaining any variances on the Financial Statements. Report discrepancies to designated Team member.
4. Assist in preparing additional financial reports requested by Client to be included in the Financial Package or provided to the Community Association Manager and/or BOD.
5. Upload Financial Statement package into system once completed and approved by Senior Accountants.
6. Assignment of small portfolio between 3-8 sites
7. Prepare excel budget worksheets and other reports as needed.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
1. Conduct business at all times with the highest standards of personal, professional and ethical conduct.
2. Perform or assist with any operations as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules. Notify supervision of unusual equipment or operating problems and the need for additional material and supplies.
3. May participate in any variety of meetings and work groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, policies, and regulatory guidelines.
4. Ensure all safety precautions are followed while performing the work.
5. Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
6. Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
No supervisory responsibility.
Education & Experience
Associate’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or its equivalent and one year of experience in Accounting /bank reconciliations; or equivalent combination of education and experience.