- Handles more complex transactions with minimum Supervision.
- Can identity escrow and risk with minimum Supervision
- Embraces technology and outsourcing.
- Is an active member participating in all training and NCS calls
- Strong working knowledge of Corporate and NCS policies and procedures including wire fraud.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the escrow/title industry field
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Good client relations and organizational skills
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Detail-oriented and professional; able to handle confidential information
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
- 2-4 years related experience with 3+ years’ experience directly handling escrow transactions as an escrow assistant
First American invests in its employees’ development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.