This position is located in the Acquisition Branch of the office of the Chief of Business Operations, Eastern Federal Lands Highway Division (EFLHD) in Ashburn, Virginia. The EFLHD provides transportation and engineering services to Federal agencies. The incumbent is a specialist in procurement matters and serves as the assistant to the Contract Specialists’ procurement activities. The incumbent assures that procurement activity is in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, and policy.
As a Contract Specialist, you will:
- Review the Federal Register to maintain and update all FAR provisions and clauses for all types of contracts, to maintain and update listing of acceptable sureties, and to identify other material for follow-up by the Contract Specialists to determine impacts on EFLHD activities.
- Respond to contractor questions and provide advice to EFLHD employees on procurement matters.
- Maintain procedural guidelines and checklists to detail current procurement procedures. This maintenance is based on the incumbent’s awareness of changing statutes, regulations, and management instructions.
- Receive and open bids for all EFLHD procurement.
- Make responsiveness review and determination of bids by examining bid submissions for compliance with the FAR and legal precedents. Make responsibility determination for low bidders based on recommendations.
- Prepare letters for the procurement process and prepare required documents for review by award boards and the Contracting Officer.
- Coordinate with the EFLHD Regional Counsel on all matters which require reviews for legal sufficiency.
- Review bid, performance, and payment bonds for acceptable support format, and sureties. Make appropriate recommendations for acceptance to the Contracting Officer.
- Participate with the Contract Specialists in preparing EFLHD positions and documents for protest and mistakes in bids.
Please see the announcement for more information.