Career Opportunity for Seniors and Recent Graduates! This exclusive opportunity will close on 04/08/2021 at 11:59 PM, Eastern Standard Time (EST). The FDIC does noes accept applications submitted via Handshake. To apply for this position, please see the exclusive application links provided below.
Safety | Soundness | Stability: The FDIC’s Financial Institution Specialist
The FDIC offers an exciting entry-level opportunity for college seniors and recent graduates in our premier bank examiner training program. Our Financial Institution Specialist (FIS) position will place you on the front lines of America’s banking and financial services industry, performing mission-critical work and traveling the country in a unique role that only a few experience. As a FIS, you’ll get the skills you need to handle the ever changing requirements of the industry and learn everything you need to know to prepare for and advance in your career, while earning a competitive salary with incomparable benefits.
As a FIS, you will participate in the assessment of financial institutions to determine the existence of unsafe and unsound practices; violations of law and regulation; the adequacy of internal controls/procedures; and the general character of management. FISs also:
- Research, compile, manipulate and/or evaluate data to prepare a variety of documents, management reports and presentations.
- Prepare examination reports and related documents (e.g. examination scope memoranda, work papers, Reports of Examinations, and Reports of Visitations).
- Attend meetings with FDIC officials, attorneys, accountants, representatives of financial institutions or other private sector representatives, and/or other federal and state regulatory agency officials to discuss issues of mutual concern when applicable, and under the guidance of higher-graded specialists/examiners and/or supervisors.
- Meet with and conduct interviews of institution personnel of various levels to determine their awareness of current laws and regulations, obtain information and documents, and provide feedback regarding examination activities.
- Identify and report unusual transactions, irregularities, weaknesses or deficiencies of the file documentation to higher-graded specialists/examiners and/or supervisors.
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, we are now accepting applications for FIS positions in the Division of Risk Management Supervision (RMS).
Financial Institution Specialists in the Division of Risk Management Supervision (RMS) ensure that FDIC-insured banks are operating in a safe and sound manner. They evaluate the financial condition and risk management practices of insured financial institutions. RMS examiners also assess compliance with safety and soundness rules and regulations, such as anti-money laundering and bank secrecy laws and regulations. If you are interested in this opportunity with RMS, click here .
FIS positions are available in select locations across the country. As an applicant, you may select up to three of these locations for consideration. Please note: Starting salaries range from $53,340 to $73,925 per year, depending on location, with regular salary increases and an excellent vacation and benefits package.
Successful applicants will start with the FDIC beginning in July 2021 or after. Those positions are open to college and university students as well as recent graduates with majors in economics, accounting, finance, business administration, and related fields. The FDIC seeks applicants with strong analytical and quantitative skills, knowledge of the basic principles of accounting and finance, the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, the ability to work both independently and in teams, and an interest in public service.
FDIC is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are considered without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other non-merit factor.