ERPi is currently seeking a full-time Technical Lead Project Manager to provide onsite support at our Washington, DC site.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is committed to providing seamless care for Veterans, including access to a complete electronic health record (EHR) and shared, transparent care pathways with the Department of Defense (DoD) and community providers. In order to ensure seamless care for Veterans, VA will move toward a single common system by adopting the electronic health record (EHR) system that is being deployed by DoD, which at its core consists of Cerner Millennium. Currently the VA is undertaking an enterprise-wide Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) effort through the procurement of the Cerner commercial electronic health record software and related support services. This modernization of VA’s health information management systems will result in a common, single, lifetime health record that both DoD and VA can access, with anticipated improvements in patient care and safety.
This role will work as an IT professional with extensive depth and breadth of experience in all phases of technical leadership, directing client relationship development, complex system integration, process development, risk management, and change management. Consult on large scale deployments involving the infrastructure upgrades and readiness for the site (e.g. Cabling, Electrical Closets, Network, End Point/User Devices, peripherals and construction). This involves working with respective stakeholders to forecast, plan and implement: operational and technical processes and solutions, workforce management and planning, knowledge management, training, quality assurance, business continuity and disaster recovery, issue resolution, triage, and escalation, service level agreements/response times, and analysis and reporting. Candidate will address changes to product/project scope, schedule, methods to document and analyze proposed changes for presentation to VA Leadership for decision. Create project plans and communication strategies to support the implementation of EHRM infrastructure operations and technologies. Integrate and coordinate plan development with relevant stakeholders. Develop and present Executive-level presentations. Provide leadership in enterprise and overall program level planning/coordination/communication between Veterans Affairs components, senior management, agency partners, and industry teams.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience is required. An additional 8 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements
• Strong Organization and time management skills with demonstratable project management experience
• Experience in leading a team in the fielding of IT systems, networks, hardware and software of both a simple and complex nature
• Extensive knowledge in the creation of deployment and project plans, the creation of cost, schedule and performance expectations based on input from all team members
• Able to identify all activities required in the near, mid and long-term phases of a program
• Experience in a wide variety of environments and equipment
• Experience in planning in order to ensure that deployment can be performed on schedule and with the available resources
• Management of infrastructure deployment and implementation projects (both technical and operational management preferred)
• Large scale deployment experience
• Ability to develop and present Executive-level presentations
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering management or other engineering or technical discipline is required
• PMP, Six Sigma or similar Certifications
• MS Project, MS Office Suite (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint)
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Experience in the VA or DoD
• Experience integrating electronic health records a plus
Clearance: Public Trust