ERPi is a professional services management ﬁrm, dedicated to values of trust and integrity. Our mission is to deliver professional services as a trusted agent and expert enterprise program management services for Federal clients.
ERPi is currently searching for a full-time Business Analyst for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Multi-Channel Technologies (MCT), working under the Veterans Experience Office, transforming its ability to serve Veterans through modernized VA Contact Center CRM and telephony systems. This role contributes to improving the VA employees and Veteran’s lives and working towards a larger mission.
The ideal Business Analyst will perform tasks that support the required delivery of analysis and advice to management regarding a diverse set of project, program and operation needs.
- Elicits, analyzes, specifies, and validates the business needs of MCT stakeholders, including customers and/or end users.
- Collaborates with project sponsors to determine project scope and vision.
- Clearly identifies project stakeholders and establish customer classes, as well as their characteristics.
- Conducts interviews to gather customer requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Identifies and establishes scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Works with stakeholders and project team to prioritize collected requirements.
- Researches, reviews, and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing requirements-gathering processes and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
- Assists in conducting research on products to meet agreed upon requirements and to support purchasing efforts.
- Participates in the QA of solutions to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimized.
- Perform gap analyses of the differences between current (as-is) and targeted (to-be) states.
- Participates in the selection of any requirements documentation software solutions that the organization may opt to use.
- Analyzes and verifies requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards.
- Develops and utilizes standard templates to accurately and concisely write requirements specifications.
- Translates conceptual customer requirements into functional requirements in a clear manner that is comprehensible to developers/project team.
- Creates process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to developers and/or the project team.
- Develops and conduct peer reviews of the business requirements to ensure that requirement specifications are correctly interpreted.
- Assists with the interpretation of customer requirements into feasible options, and communicating these back to the business stakeholders.
- Manages and tracks the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle; enforce and redefine as necessary.
- Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications of business requirements — verbally or through written documentation — to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS Degree
- Minimum of 4 years of experience
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development
- Demonstrated project management skills and project management software skills, including planning, organizing, and managing resources
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Good team player, able to manage multiple assignments, and adapt to changing client needs
- Ability to multi-task with limited supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to synthesize and analyze multiple views and data sets
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and prioritization skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative, results-driven environment
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Understanding of Software Development Life-cycle (SDLC)
- Understanding of Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK) and Project Management Institute (PMI) best practices
- Business Process Engineering experience
- Experience with training and change management
- Experience working with DoD, VA and/or other federal agencies is a plus
- Possession of excellent critical thinking, leadership, analysis, and data gathering skills
CLEARANCE: Public Trust