ERC is a servant-leader oriented company with approximately 1,800 employees and multiple contracts across the US. We believe that our culture has a direct influence on the job satisfaction of our employees and is reflected in the outstanding quality of service received by our customers.
- The Stability and Control Engineer shall support the Air Force Seek Eagle Evaluation of Compatibility and Technical Advisory process by contributing to evaluating aircraft/store configurations to determine aircraft dynamic response and stability characteristics.
- The work performed will be in direct support to the Air Force Seek Eagle Office.
- The ideal candidate will be a strong team player with excellent communication skills accustomed to stability and control theory for aircraft. This position will require collaborative work as part of a larger team.
- Must be able to work directly with contractor and Government personnel in a mixed badge environment to accomplish aircraft/weapons compatibility certifications.
What you’ll do all day:
- Create, modify, and run computer simulation programs to perform linear, non-linear and stability and control analysis of aircraft structures
- Conduct analyses, research data, run and edit computer simulation programs, and write justification to support flight certification recommendations
- Plan and monitor flight tests, reduce flight test data, and integrate wind tunnel and flight test data to determine dynamic response and dynamic stability flight limits
- Produce and maintain simulation algorithms and codes developed specifically for aircraft stability and control simulations including MATLAB, SIMULINK, and KESTRAL software
- Document analyses and write justifications to support aircraft-store compatibility recommendations
- Travel may be up to 25%
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Minimum requirements for this position:
- Working experience, internships or graduate research projects that provided experience in aircraft stability and control or aircraft flight dynamics
- Advanced thinking and problem solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Very good attention to detail and a candidate who takes ownership and pride in all work
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Aeronautical, Aerospace, or Mechanical Engineering
- Entry-level and experienced candidates accepted
- US Citizenship
- Security Clearance
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- Master’s degree in Aeronautical, Aerospace, or Mechanical Engineering is highly desired
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Continuing education assistance
- Professional development allotment
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages
- 401K with employer matching
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule