We are seeking a Load Balancing Engineer to analyze, implement, and maintain our complex network’s Load Balancer infrastructure. As part of Epic’s multi-tenant hosting team, you’ll keep abreast of the latest technologies and work collaboratively with experts in a variety of knowledge areas to develop and maintain a robust, reliable, high-performance foundation for some of the largest healthcare organizations in the country to access our world-class software.
Desired Skills and Knowledge Areas:
- Expertise in Load balancing technology including algorithms and health check options
- Experience with Global Server Load Balancing/GTM, Local load balancing/LTM, SSL acceleration, HTTP compression/caching, and DNS
- Experience with enterprise load balancers such as Citrix ADC/Citrix NetScaler or F5
- Knowledge of TCP as it pertains to packet inspection and network/applications
- Experience programmatically configuring Application Delivery Controllers (e.g. APIs, scripting)
More than just important work.
Epic is located in Madison, Wisconsin, a city regularly ranked as one of America’s best places to live. Epic’s environment is one of continuous learning; you’ll have access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others. We offer comprehensive benefits to keep you healthy and happy as you grow in your life and career, and your merit-based compensation will reflect the impact your work has on the company and our customers. You’ll also be eligible for annual raises and bonuses, as well as stock grants, which give you an even greater stake in the success of Epic and our customers. Epic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (W/M/Vets/Disability) employer. Please see our full non-discrimination statement at https://careers.epic.com/EEO.
- 5+ years IT experience required, minimum 1-2 years in Load Balancing technology
- A history of academic and professional success
- Eligibility to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship
- Relocation to the Madison, WI area (reimbursed)
As a member of the Hosting team at Epic you’ll be responsible for the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Epic Hosting. Those responsibilities include:
- Following policies and procedures and escalating when policies or procedures are not followed
- Escalating potential security incidents and providing relevant information
- Meeting all security responsibilities defined in policies and procedures