High-impact, technical jobs for smart people.
As a Client Systems Engineer within Epic’s Hosting entity, you’ll apply your technical savvy and problem-solving skills to integrate Epic’s software into our hosting environment. Working within multiple sides of the software, you’ll be charged with the task of making sure our system is accessible and presented consistently to our end users. You will install, upgrade, and troubleshoot our software and work with both the customer and other technical teams at Epic during the system design process to translate business needs into technical systems solutions. Additionally, you’ll work as a knowledgeable Windows system administrator ensuring that various pieces of the software run successfully.
While not required, technical knowledge in the following areas is preferred:
- Microsoft Windows Server or Windows OS including debugging and Sysinternals tools
- Peripheral devices such as printers, scanners, signature pads, and cameras
- Microsoft technologies such as RemoteApp, Active Directory, IIS, and ASP.NET
- Citrix technologies such as XenApp and NetScaler
- VMware technologies such as VMware Horizon View, ESXi, and vSphere
- Networking concepts (load balancing, TCP/IP, DNS) and troubleshooting tools (Wireshark, command line)
- Cybersecurity concepts such as vulnerability and risk assessment, security controls, confidentiality and incident recovery
- Microsoft, Citrix, VMware, or Cisco certifications are a plus
Test the limits of your brain for the most innovative health systems on the planet.
The Top 15 health systems in U.S. News and World Report are Epic customers. Our community includes major systems like the Mayo Clinic, Johns Hopkins, Cleveland Clinic, and Kaiser Permanente, as well as leading academic medical centers at the University of Wisconsin, University of Michigan, University of California, University of Texas, The Ohio State University, and many more.
Work in your own office, eat delicious food, and travel the world.
We don’t believe in cubicles. (Well, we believe they exist, but…) You will work in an individual office that will heighten your ability to get stuff done. For lunch, visit King’s Cross or Cassiopeia for a wide array of meal options, or go to one of our smaller, themed bistros, featuring wood-rotisserie, pan-Asian, and Latin-inspired cuisine. All meals are restaurant-quality but cost only a few dollars, and they’re prepared by a culinary team comprised of kitchen talent from restaurants around the country. And, after five years here, you’ll earn a four-week sabbatical trip anywhere in the world. Staff have kayaked in Patagonia, attended a Beyoncé concert in Ireland, built a library in Tanzania, and run a marathon in Antarctica.
Live affordably in a city known for its rising tech talent.
Epic is located just outside Madison, the second fastest growing market for tech talent in the United States and home to the state capital and the University of Wisconsin. Madison, a city surrounded by water, has received accolades for being the greenest city in America (NerdWallet), the best city for renters (SmartAsset), fittest city in America (Fitbit), and it has the highest concentration of millennial talent in the country (Inc.).
· Bachelor’s degree or greater in Math, Physics, Engineering, MIS, or other hard science
· A history of academic and professional success
· Strong analytical and reasoning skills
· Eligible to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship
· Relocation to the Madison, WI area (reimbursed)