Operating Company: Environmental Solutions Group – Heil Environmental
Location: Fort Payne, AL
Reports To: Product Development Supervisor
This Electrical Controls Programming Engineer is to be responsible for the design, modeling, and development and testing of control systems designed to allow refuse collection vehicles to collect, store and process refuse as required by the customer. Develop functional requirements. Understand and apply standard engineering principles. Create simulations and prototypes to evaluate preliminary designs and test how a machine, structure or system operates. Design and test components, and integrate components to produce final product. Monitor quality of products and controls the efficiency of processes. Evaluate designs, overall effectiveness, cost, reliability, and safety. Investigate root causes of failures to maintain quality and recommend improvements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Responsible for controls systems design, specification, programming, simulation and testing, and start-up assistance.
- Experience in: PLC logic and programming with any of the following PLCs: Allen Bradley, Modicon, GE Fanuc, Siemens, AutomationDirect, Mitsubishi, Omron, Aromat, Toshiba, HMI or SCADA programming and configuration of any of the following software packages Wonderware, Rockwell, Intellution, GE Cimplicity, Ci-Tech, Iconics, Siemens, US Data, etc. or other mobile-equipment controller such as Vasso, HED, I/O Controls, EcoMat, etc.
- Design controls required to aid in the performance of the primary duty of a refuse collection vehicle.
- Compliance with all applicable government safety and environmental standards as they pertain to motor vehicles or heavy-duty trucks.
- Requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to be applied in design, programming, and troubleshooting.
- Requires the ability to simultaneously organize and successfully execute multiple project responsibilities.
- Possess great communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact with all levels of management, clients, and vendors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, equivalent technical degree or equivalent experience.
- 5 to 7 years related experience in controls and assembly operations.
- PLC or other mobile controller understanding and programming.
- Wiring schematic capabilities.
- Good electrical and mechanical skills.
Builds and Manages Collaborative Relationships
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ethics and Work Standards: Maintain the highest ethical and work standards, while promoting the same attributes in co-workers and others. Ensure that all business activities – with both internal and external customers – to be performed with a professional demeanor and that all participants be held accountable to this high standard.
Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly, both orally and in writing, using good grammar. Presents concise, well organized reports in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Listens to understand input, feedback and concerns. Provides complete information in an open, honest and straightforward manner. Responds promptly and positively to questions and requests.
Teamwork and Relationships: Works with other employees willingly and in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork. Supports cooperation. Demonstrates a commitment to the entire business and is supportive of all initiatives (company and departmental) to help grow Environmental Solutions Group business in the United States and abroad. Cooperates fully with others to achieve organizational goals. Is tactful, courteous, and considerate. Embraces a positive outlook. Is respected and trusted by others.
Continual Improvement and Problem Resolution: Identifies and communicates suggestions for work improvements. Uses technical and analytical abilities to assure existing work practices are the most efficient and cost effective possible. Performs root-cause analysis and implements viable, permanent solutions to problems. Works with both internal and external customers to develop solutions which meet company-wide needs and objectives. Applies a sense of urgency to resolve problems or creates opportunities that will increase productivity and create value. Shares best practices with other employees across the business.
Accountability: Accepts responsibility and accessibility for both the strategic planning and the successful implementation of all projects, programs, and duties as outlined in this job description. Advises supervisor of concerns, problems and progress of work in a timely manner.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.