Operating Company: Environmental Solutions Group – 3rd Eye, A Dover Company
Location: 3rd Eye Austin Headquarters, 3814 Jarrett Way, Austin TX 78728
Reports to: Lead Senior Automation Test Engineer
Department: Software Engineering
3rd Eye is disrupting the traditional Fleet Safety Video Monitoring and Telematics industries with leading high-quality media and reliable digital delivery. Our services are engineered for high availability, maximum reach, and cost savings for our customers. Fleet managers can watch live streams or review safety events instantly, from any device, to monitor their vehicle fleet. Our technology is the cornerstone of our industry and our customers use it to improve their fleet safety, operational, and maintenance performance.
The Automation Test Engineer is part of the engineering team responsible for the creation of web based and embedded software that is used to record video and audio stream, to do data and video analytics, process and push telematics data such as GPS and CAN bus data from a vehicle to the Cloud and mobile apps solution. You will be responsible of automation to achieve maximum test coverage and the shortest time frames to support high velocity development teams. Responsible for determining if products conform to the corporate goal of consistent product quality and for maintaining quality goals appropriate to the marketplace and regulatory bodies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Maintains a Quality Assurance (QA) program that meets the needs of both company and customer specifications and standards using automation framework.
- Approves purchases of laboratory supplies and equipment within limits established. Ensures that testing equipment meets the needs of the customers, regulations, and specifications.
- Maintains and approves test procedures and testing facilities.
- Reviews specifications and control parameters formulated by Research and Development for new products.
- Prepares or supervises the preparation of reports that track conformance to specifications, and recommends or initiates corrective action for areas of major product defects.
- Develops or evolves new and improved testing methods.
- Keeps abreast of new testing techniques and recommends the purchase of new testing equipment.
- Reviews all customer complaints and ensures that personnel are working toward corrective and preventative actions.
- Communicates with commercial teams and corporate groups concerning customer/product issues.
- Recommends and coordinates process improvements utilizing company established computer systems.
- Leads improvements and revisions to documents that represent the Quality Management System.
- Acts as resource and champion for department continuous improvement activities (Suggestion Program, 5S, Kaizen, TPM, problem solving, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in a science-based discipline or other equivalent experience.
- 3 plus years Quality Assurance experience required.
- Experience with QA on large software engineering project.
- Experience with Agile software development practices and continuous delivery.
- Experience with test automation projects where thousands of test cases are required.
- Experience with QA on new electronic design for this type of product: DVR, IP cameras, Radar, J1939/OBD-II logging devices are preferred.
- Experience in a startup environment and successfully taking a project to market.
- Experience with Atlassian tools: Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with CI automation software such as Jenkins, Travis, or CircleCI.
- Experience with Test Case management software such as Testrail.
- Experience with Robot Framework and Selenium for unit and UI test automation.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience with Vehicle Interface Tools such as PCAN Explorer.
- Experience with Mobile Application testing (Espresso, UIAutomator and Cucumber).
- Experience writing acceptance criteria and developing them into test cases.
- Experience creating new automated tests using test recorders such as Selenium or the Espresso Test Recorder.
- Experience in Statistical Process Control, 6-Sigma.
- Experience within an ISO program, preferably in directing an ISO System.
- Reasoning skills for problem identification and resolution.
- Ability to conceptualize, analyze, plan and organize projects.
- Knowledge of project management preferred.
- Proficiency with PC’s and knowledge of and using Microsoft Word, Access, Excel preferred.
- Ability to create flow-charts from written descriptions desirable.
- Strong organizational and planning skills, mathematical (statistical) skills, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Works under limited supervision and handles routine matters on own initiative.
- Exercises a high degree of judgment in matters related to materials, design, manufacturing, logistics and corporate compliance.
Builds and Manages Collaborative Relationships
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Ethics and Work Standards: Maintain the highest ethical and work standards, while promoting the same attributes in co-workers and others. Ensure that all business activities – with both internal and external customers – to be performed with a professional demeanor and that all participants be held accountable to this high standard.
Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly, both orally and in writing, using good grammar. Presents concise, well organized reports in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Listens to understand input, feedback and concerns. Provides complete information in an open, honest and straightforward manner. Responds promptly and positively to questions and requests.
Teamwork and Relationships: Works with other employees willingly and in a spirit of cooperation and teamwork. Supports cooperation. Demonstrates a commitment to the entire business and is supportive of all initiatives (company and departmental) to help grow Environmental Solutions Group business in the United States and abroad. Cooperates fully with others to achieve organizational goals. Is tactful, courteous, and considerate. Embraces a positive outlook. Is respected and trusted by others.
Continual Improvement and Problem Resolution: Identifies and communicates suggestions for work improvements. Uses technical and analytical abilities to assure existing work practices are the most efficient and cost effective possible. Performs root-cause analysis and implements viable, permanent solutions to problems. Works with both internal and external customers to develop solutions which meet company-wide needs and objectives. Applies a sense of urgency to resolve problems or creates opportunities that will increase productivity and create value. Shares best practices with other employees across the business.
Accountability: Accepts responsibility and accessibility for both the strategic planning and the successful implementation of all projects, programs, and duties as outlined in this job description. Advises supervisor of concerns, problems and progress of work in a timely manner.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.