Research Analysts (RAs) within our International Expansion Practice conduct research that drives the analysis and strategic direction of our work for clients, and it has a direct impact on the clients’ businesses.
Within our International Expansion Practice we partner with US companies operating in B2B markets globally, with a focus on emerging and frontier markets, in industries including Healthcare, Technology, Mobility / Automotive, Business Services, Industrial Automation and others.
China Research Analysts have the opportunity to work on projects across China, and on occasion, other parts of Asia and other regions.
RAs utilize a variety of public and proprietary desktop research sources to conduct targeted and efficient searches for relevant information and developing that into usable insights. They also genuinely enjoy talking to people, and find it easy to connect with a wide range of people and to engage them in meaningful conversations from which they can create structured market intelligence. Primary research with senior executives and mid-level professionals include ‘cold calling’ techniques as well as conducting pre-scheduled interviews. RAs also help train and supervise the research activities of Project Analysts and Interns.
Everyone at the firm, including RAs, are involved in Emerging Strategy’s strategic growth in addition to delivering assignments to our customers. At various times RAs will also be staffed on business development initiatives, proposal development, recruitment, and marketing activities. This enables employees at all levels to have a holistic understanding of the business and to contribute in multiple ways.
A successful and highly effective RA may become a Senior Research Analyst in less than 12 months.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Top US Liberal Arts Bachelors’ degree (any major) is excellent preparation for this role
- High GPA and extensive research and writing experience such as an honors thesis
- Fluent in English (speaking, reading, writing); additional language skills are welcome
- Open-minded about working in a range of industries including Education, Technology, Automotive, Financial Services, and others
- High degree of comfort with Microsoft Office software and with advanced analytical techniques and functions in Excel, SPSS, etc. Not afraid of learning / using technology.