A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
You will be part of an interdisciplinary, high-performing team, focused on delivering state-of-the-art data analytics solutions to the Healthcare sector of a global Science & Technology company.
Working on innovative and transformative projects, you will have the opportunity to connect to a diverse range of scientific and business experts across the company allowing you to expand your skills in the technical, scientific, and business domain.
As a Senior Software Architect in the Healthcare Data Science team, your role is to design, implement, and document software architectures centered around machine learning models and workflows that are deployed to productive, possibly regulated, environments within our Healthcare sector. For this, you will be responsible for leading a small team of engineers and serve as an integral part of diverse project teams. Being a member of a global organization within Healthcare, you are expected to actively and in close collaboration with our business functions define and implement software development best-practices
Who you are
- M.Sc./PhD in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of work experience in a similar function
- Interest in solving challenging technical problems and developing the backbone of our next patient-centric digital offerings
- Basic knowledge of Statistics and Machine Learning algorithms
- Strong, hands-on experience in working with Python & R codebases, expertise in additional programming languages is expected
- Knowledge of container technology such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Working with heterogenous compute environments
- Developing data and computation heavy software
- Experience in working with cloud environments such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Designing software for GxP relevant contexts
- Experience in creating customer facing, web-based applications and IoT solutions is a favorable
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.