A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
The Sr. Scientist CCRM position will be responsible for the development and optimization of analytical assays for the characterization of cell culture media and cell culture media raw materials. The principle job focus will be the development of ICP-MS methods for evaluation of trace elements. The role will also include being a technical lead for our UpStream R&D Trace Element program. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated and creative individual, part of an active, multidisciplinary group of scientists responsible for the design and development of cell culture products for the Biopharmaceutical Industry.
A successful candidate will:
- Work independently with only requiring direction at project initiation.
- Be responsible for directing customer interactions and leading custom projects.
- Mentor associate scientists and scientists in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments.
- Be open to new ideas and always seeks critical feedback from colleagues and demonstrate effective cooperation.
- Demonstration of strong oral and written communication skills.
- Assist in preparing written project reports and presenting oral updates/summaries at team meetings.
- Seeks out new information and opportunities to advance group technologies, products and services.
- Assists in generating ideas for process improvements and new products and services.
Who you are:
- B.S. degree in chemistry sciences, chemical or biochemical engineering, or closely related sciences with 9-12 yrs industry experience or M.S equivalent plus 7 yrs, or PhD plus 4 yr
- Proficient in analytical techniques including ICP-MS
- Good understanding of biochemistry, organic chemistry, and/or analytical chemistry techniques.
- Critical thinking; ability to identify and communicate a problem in order to initiate corrective actions.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Competent with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Proficient with analytical method development for ICP-MS
- Familiar with cell culture media analytical analysis
- Proficient with design of experiments and statistical analysis
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information through the external application link on Handshake.
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.