This is a full-time position performing tax and accounting assignments for individuals and businesses. Work within a highly collaborative, continuous learning, team environment on a wide variety of accounting and financial matters. Responsibilities will include compiling month-end/year end closing and schedules, preparing financial statements and regulatory filings, analyzing complex account information, performing accounting research, explaining variances and advising management regarding the potential impact. In addition, the selected individual will have the opportunity to expand their skills, receive mentorship and gain visibility working on projects and making sound recommendations. This includes all payroll, general ledger, tax preparation and filing responsibilities.
- Compile and review numerous State Sales Tax reports and file returns.
- Serve as back-up for other functions in the accounting department.
- Other accounting and administrative duties as assigned
- Assist with the general ledger close according to the monthly and year-end close schedule
- Prepare monthly standard and non-standard journal entries
- Prepare and keep up-to-date balance sheet account reconciliations
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations
- Prepare federal and state income tax returns for individuals and business clients
Skill Requirements & Preferences:
- Skills: High degree of customer service, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and income taxes along with strong financial analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal as well as strong organizational and stress management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly with Excel.
- Proficiency in working with all versions of QuickBooks. Experience with Thomson Reuters products – UltraTax, File Cabinet Solutions, Fixed Asset Solutions, Practice Solutions – is a plus.
- Self-starter and well organized, requires minimal supervision to manage day to day assignments.