Seeking an accounting professional to perform general accounting work and provide support for the timely preparation of the organization’s detailed financial statements. Work within a highly collaborative, continuous learning, team environment on a wide variety of accounting and financial matters. Responsibilities will include compiling month-end/year end closing and schedules, preparing complex financial statements and regulatory filings, analyzing complex account information, performing accounting research, explaining variances and advising management regarding the potential impact. In addition, the selected individual will have the opportunity to expand their skills, receive mentorship and gain visibility working on projects and making sound recommendations. This includes all accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll and general ledger responsibilities.
- Assist with the general ledger close according to the monthly and year-end close schedule
- Prepare monthly standard and non-standard journal entries
- Prepare and keep up-to-date balance sheet account reconciliations
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations and daily cash tracking and projections.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of policies, procedures and internal controls
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of financial statements to internal and external users.
Skill Requirements & Preferences:
- Skills: High degree of customer service, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong computer/software skills.
- Proficient with technology; solid knowledge of computer operations and software.
- Strong customer service skills – ability to interact with customers through video and audio tools in a way that is professional, friendly and reassuring
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Proficiency in working with all versions of QuickBooks. Experience with Thomson Reuters products – UltraTax, File Cabinet Solutions, Fixed Asset Solutions, Practice Solutions – is a plus.
- 2+ years of accounting experience