Egen is a 2020 Great Place to Work company that provides cloud-native solutions to help our customers unlock the power of data to rapidly inform, transform, and outperform their industry. We move at digital light-speed to build and consult on some of the most cutting edge data and software solutions with modern tech stacks for large established enterprises, scaling mid-sized enterprises, and emerging startups.
We rely on engineering audacity (be ready to back it up). We love and hire dynamic, curious, hustlers so be ready to dive in and contribute in ways you might not have had the opportunity to before. Our Java Platform team tech stack is based on Java8 (Spring Boot) and RESTful web services. We typically build and deploy applications as cloud-native Kubernetes microservices and integrate with scalable technologies such as Kafka in Docker container environments. Our developers work in an agile process to efficiently deliver high value data driven applications and product packages.
*Location: Due to the potential personal and business impacts of Covid-19, Egen is currently managing our engineering and business operations via remote work at this time. These positions will not be remote long-term and will return to our office/build center setting in Naperville once advised by guidance of local health authorities and the CDC. We encourage anyone that will require relocation to begin making plans for that as soon as possible.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology and Management, Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Have experience working and strong understanding of object-oriented programing and cloud technologies
- End to end experience delivering production ready code with Java8, Spring Boot, Spring Data, and API libraries
- Strong experience with unit and integration testing of the Spring Boot APIs.
- Strong understanding and production experience of RESTful API’s and microservice architecture.
- Strong understanding of SQL databases and NoSQL databases and experience with writing abstraction layers to communicate with the databases.
- Commitment to detail…bugs wreck your sleep
Nice to have’s (but not required):
- Strong understanding and production experience of microservice architecture.
- Strong understanding and production experience working with Docker container environments
- Strong understanding and production experience working with Kafka
- Exposure to Kotlin or other JVM programming languages
- Cloud Environments: AWS and Azure