EF Education First
Boston, MA & Austin, TX
March 29th Start Date
When you work in sales at EF, you play a vital role in fulfilling our company mission: Opening the World Through Education. You change lives and help make the world a better place, every day. We onboard you, train you, and support you with comprehensive sales development programs and ongoing coaching from peers, dedicated trainers, and managers.
We give every sales person here a magic combination of guidance and autonomy to help them thrive and our business grow. Success in sales can lead to a long lasting career path at EF. We’ve seen people grow into marketing, operations, finance, technology or anywhere else your skills and passions can help our business the most.
The Tour Consultant role with EF is a dynamic sales job where you work directly with either educators or individual travelers interested in exploring the world.
You will be part of a tight-knit team led by a Sales Director and run your own book of business. The sales strategy emphasizes relationship-building and consultative conversations. The culture emphasizes passion, fun, and positive attitudes.
We’ll be counting on you to:
- Build relationships over the phone with potential customers; assess their travel needs and goals and help them choose the right tour experience
- Acquire new customers, repeat the ones you have, and help more and more people discover the world
- Work with your trainer, team, and manager, and use your own initiative, to develop your sales technique and professional skill set
- Take responsibility for your own sales growth strategy
- Deliver a beautiful customer experience
- Be fearless, focused, and excited to sell a product that truly changes peoples’ lives
People from all different professional and educational backgrounds have thrived in this role and we believe that there is no such thing as a “perfect” candidate; so, if any of the below statements resonate with you, please apply!
- You are eager to start, or expand, your career in sales with a role that offers real responsibility and accountability
- You are fiercely competitive and motivated by goals
- You are a natural networker and great communicator
- You don’t subscribe to the phrase “that’s not my job”
- You are excited by the opportunity to spread travel and education – though, please note: a passport and college degree are not required to work here!
- You nail the details and never lose sight of the big picture
- You are energized by the challenge of influencing people
- Guaranteed base salary (please note, this is NOT a commission-based role) + bonus potential and 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Expand your worldview with paid business travel plus three weeks of paid vacation time to start (and four weeks starting in year two)
- EF is proud to offer a market-leading health and dental benefits plan
- Stay healthy with on-site fitness classes and access to Employee Assistance Programs
- Competitive fertility assistance benefits and paid parental leave programs
- We believe our business, like our world, is better when we embrace diversity
- Build your network by joining our Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging Committee, or one of EF’s employee resource groups, or as we like to call them, “EF-inity” groups such as, LGBTQ+ @ EF, Black @ EF, Asians@EF and Latinos @ EF
- We work in an open environment without cubicles or private offices
- You will enjoy comprehensive in-house professional development opportunities with weekly and monthly trainings and workshops
- Keep up that student mentality with free in-house language classes and an annual stipend for continued education
- Explore the neighborhood with discounts to local gyms, businesses, concert tickets, and sporting events
- Explore the world with discounts on hotels, flights, rental cars, as well as paid international travel.
- Enjoy our in-house bar, restaurant, hair salon, and fitness center
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.