A shipment needs to get from point A to point B. How does it get there? That’s where you come in.
Our Carrier Sales Representatives know that the journey from average to extraordinary starts with work ethic. They source and procure the carrier services that will physically move freight for our clients. Top priority is ensuring timely pick-up and delivery of customer freight while building and maintaining relationships with carriers. Masters of negotiation, they secure the best rates on a spot or transactional basis. They thrive in an ever-changing environment, taking a proactive approach in learning the pricing and capacity fluctuations in the truckload shipping market.
- Taking smart risks to get big rewards.
- Getting the best deal because you aren’t afraid to negotiate.
- Putting out fires, because problem solving fuels your passion.
- Winning, but not at all costs.
- Providing the assist, we pass you the ball and you score the goal. Following a 6 week training program, you will receive continuous learning and development over your whole career.
- The “let’s try it” attitude. Taking intelligent risks. Seeing opportunities, rather than obstacles.
- Going the extra mile for our carriers and coworkers.
- Celebrating success and rewarding hard-workers with compensation that matches your effort.
As a Carrier Sales Representative you will work closely with our extensive network of carriers, as well as develop new relationships focusing on improving efficiency and managing transportation costs. You will be responsible for taking a proactive approach in mastering the pricing and capacity fluctuations in the truckload shipping market.
- Source and procure carrier services to ensure timely pick-up and delivery of customer freight
- Work closely within your regional team to schedule all shipments
- Establish and maintain relationships with carriers to expand capacity opportunities
- Negotiate rates with carriers on a spot or transactional basis
- Establish internal relationships within Echo to expand your book of business
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant equivalent experience
- 1-3 year(s) work or internship experience
- Driven and competitive nature
- Strong problem solving and decision making abilities
- Quick learner who is successful at multi-tasking
- Impressive negotiation skills
- Team player who can also produce independent results
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K
- Advancement Potential
- Fun and energetic work environment
- Volunteer opportunities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.