This posting will remain open until the position is filled. We encourage you to apply early as we will review and consider candidates as they are received.
Oversee, guides, motivates and directs the activities of the workgroup on a regular basis to provide accurate and timely completion of financial information relating to property, plant and equipment, construction work in progress, inventory, and transportation allocations for inclusion in financial and other reports in accordance with GAAP, RUS regulations, and EKPC policies and procedures. Maintains overall authority and accountability for the workgroup.
- Ensures compliance with various accounting standards, principles, regulations (GAAP, FASB, RUS and PSC) and EKPC policies as they relate to property and inventory accounting.
- Ensures the accuracy of project, asset, and inventory sub ledgers.
- Monitors and coordinates plant accounting deadlines for month-end close, year-end, and other reporting requirements.
- Responsible for related PeopleSoft modules, ensuring the integrity of data, proper security access for modules, and that upgrades are properly implemented and function as designed.
- Provides work direction and coaching to direct reports regarding performance and developmental goals and appraises their performance throughout the year. Ensures sufficient resources and training are available to enable staff to perform work assigned to group.
- Ensures that cross-training occurs within the group.
- Develops and compiles budgetary information related to depreciation and property taxes.
- Continuously investigates methods for process improvements, recommends changes, and assists with implementation.
- Assists the Controller in developing and implementing policies and procedures related to plant accounting.
- Oversees the compilation of information required for the preparation of the annual property tax return and quarterly transportation tax returns.
- Works with external auditors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- CPA preferred.
- Seven (7) years of related experience. A minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a leadership capacity is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Complete Supervisory Training Program within two (2) years and attend on-going Learning for Leaders training.
- Extensive knowledge of fixed asset accounting with RUS or FERC property accounting preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of financial statements and information systems required.
- Working knowledge of tax rules and regulations related to property and vehicles.
- Effective planning and organizing skills a must.
- Advanced level knowledge of Excel, PeopleSoft, and asset management systems preferred.
- Strong supervisory and leadership ability required.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills
- Work Standards
- Planning & Organizing
- Decision Making
- Building Trust
- Building a Successful Team
- Customer Focus
Conditions of Employment
- Usual office conditions apply to this position with occasional lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Must maintain valid driver’s license.
- Requires occasional in-state and out-of-state travel, some of which may be overnight.
- Must wear personal protective equipment as applicable.