Why are long tenures and low turnover rates the norm at DMA? When you are an employee owned company, you are all about your employees, and here is proof:
- Employee stock ownership program eligibility begins day ONE of employment. ESOP contribution is targeted at 8% of your annual compensation.
- COMPANY PAID Paternity & Maternity Leave.
- COMPANY PAID volunteer time off.
- Company match charitable giving
- Fitness Reimbursement program.
- Home office equipment reimbursement.
- 100% company paid professional development.
- 3 weeks of PTO your first year.
- Multiple benefit plans, eligible day one of employment- NO WAITING PERIOD.
- Modern, laid back office environment.
- Executive team invested in the success and happiness of our employees.
The Support Specialist will be primarily responsible for internal employee application support, workstation/laptop/phone support, and first responder to support request. The Support Specialist will assist inventory management and is responsible for receiving, reviewing, prioritizing and delegating (if necessary) help desk requests and providing end-user problem resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance to end users for software applications, desktop / laptop computer hardware, and peripheral devices
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve system, process or experience issues for all internal and external customers
- Provide a timely one-on-one end-user problem resolution via telephone and/or e-mail in addition to logging a description of the incident or issue for our resolutions team
- Work with clients to set expectations on time to resolve more complex issues and follow up proactively with end users on status of issues
- Route complex help desk requests to the appropriate IT staff member
- Stay abreast of developments and common issues of vendor supplied applications
- Understand advanced networking concepts with clients and protocols including TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, and DHCP, VOIP, etc.
- Ownership of processes within the Corporate IT department
- Help monitor and enforce end-user compliance of IT hardware and software policies
- Assist in maintenance of users in Active Directory, phone system and Intranet
- Monitor, review and prioritize help desk requests
- Utilize knowledge bases and documentation to debug issues
- Assist in desktop and laptop computer configuration including image creation
- Manage user access requests and security permissions in compliance with company security processes
- Apply software updates for 3rd party applications
- Assist with managing asset inventory (ordering, processing, disposal)
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less-experienced team members
- Engage in relevant training and development to maintain and improve technical knowledge
- Demonstrate professionalism, discretion, and good judgment in all interactions with co-workers, and clients
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Qualifications
- College degree in Computer Science, Computer Technology, or related field preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in the information technology field, education in related field will be considered in lieu of experience
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills; excellent listening skills
- Intermediate organizational skills; ability to handle multiple projects and open tickets
- Demonstrated analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills