The Electrical Service Technician provides electrical troubleshooting and problem resolution on all types of drive & control systems for mining machines and/or high degree of expertise in the electrical area.
- Detect and correct machine problems for the purpose of improving machine performance and maximizing after sales market penetration.
- Provide electrical service coverage on all types of drive & control systems, and/or high degree of electrical expertise by making calls to customers so as to answer their service needs, improve product performance, and promote parts and future machine sales.
- Provide clear and concise reports to home office via phone and written reports regarding machine problems, advise of customer’s needs and to supply usable information which will promote future sales.
- Maintain communication with Field Machine and Parts Sales/Service Department through phone and itineraries in order to coordinate efforts of all field personnel and to improve company image.
- Investigate warranty complaints via personal visits and/or correspondence review so as to assist the Electrical Supervisor in settling claims in an efficient and fair manner with the lowest possible cost to Wyoming Machinery Company.
- Promote and provide contract service through personal contact with customers so as to assist customer to improve machine performance and generate revenue.
- Promote training programs through personal contact with customers to improve their capabilities and machine performance plus generating revenue.
- Able to hear, see and feel machine condition indicators.
- Prepare troubleshooting and training documentation.
- Provide formal training to customer personnel.
- Perform other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives.
- Travel to company facilities, mine sites, customer offices and other job sites.
- Clear and concise verbal and written reports.
- Record and interpret electrical system signals and recordings to help define problems.
- Communicate with customer personnel at all levels.
- Able to work diplomatically with an irate customer in difficult situations.
- Promote and establish Wyoming Machinery Company credibility and image with all customers.
- Keep all customers satisfied with Wyoming Machinery Company.
- Gain expertise to support and assist the Electrical Supervisor in all functions through training and experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years’ experience troubleshooting excavator static AC drives and electrical experience with mining machines.
- Driver’s license in good standing.
- Able to organize an approach to troubleshoot and fault-find problems in a drive system.
- Able to diagnose and correct problems associated with complex electrical drive systems.
- Prolonged walking, crawling, climbing, sitting and standing, working at heights
- Adverse weather conditions, i.e., water, mud, etc.
- Exposed to extreme temperatures, dirt, grease, dust, noise and other elements
- Carry up to 30 lbs. of components and tools
- Lift/push 50 lbs.
- Use of hands for fine motor skills
- Use of all necessary personal protective equipment
This job description may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the job described and may be amended at any time with or without notice at the sole discretion of the Employer. Wyoming Machinery Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.