Job Title: Operations Management Trainee
Department: Warehouses/ Operations
Location: Liverpool, NY
Your Role Initially, this person will spend a significant amount of time rotating through job roles in the distribution center to learn the key components of the operations side of Dot and provide support/ leadership as needed in various roles. As the individual gains experience in this role, they will assume people management responsibility and also be expected to increase their impact to the company through their activity and the activity of the people they manage. This position is designed to provide upward mobility, assuming availability, within 2 years.
- Work with individuals across departments to develop knowledge of warehouse impact to various internal partners.
- Provide training or training opportunities and perform evaluations of direct reports.
- Gather, measure, and interpret data critical to improving processes within the distribution center and in support of internal partners.
- Participate in meetings with purchasing, warehouse, transportation, and outside distribution centers to enhance knowledge of the processes and develop relationships necessary to collaborate effectively.
- Leads continuous improvement efforts while applying lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste.
- Travel – Occasional overnight travel to other company facilities or outside facilities for training. Must have ability to travel independently as needed, without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane, or train
- Working Environment – Ability to work in all temperature conditions, from below 0 to above 100 degrees.
- Schedule – Ability to work flexible hours (weekend, night shift and on-call) based upon facility needs
We Need You To Have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Effective verbal & communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs
- Strong leadership, planning & organizational skills
We’d Like You To Have:
- Degree in logistics or supply-chain management
- Experience in budget development & business analysis
- Ability to relocate
- Ability to embrace & facilitate change
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 57 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive benefits including 401(k) & profit sharing
- Significant advancement opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.