Summary of Essential Functions for the Position:
A Registered Nurse administers skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Director of Clinical Services/Clinical Manager. Participates in patient, caregiver, and family counseling and education. Communicates with all physicians involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care. Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care. The Skilled professional staff whether direct employee of the agency or under arrangement are expected to contribute to all phases of the QAPI program and participates in with ongoing interdisciplinary assessments of patients. The RN will participate in the development and revision of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, patient representative (if any) and caregiver(s). Supervises care of Licensed Practical Nurse and Home Health Aide.
Qualifications / Licensure / Certification / Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing
• Two (2) years’ experience, home health preferred
• CPR certified with American Heart Association or American Red Cross
• Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment
• Strong communication skills, both oral and in writing, with excellent interpersonal skills
• Must demonstrate good customer relations skills and a commitment to providing quality service
• Acceptance and ability to demonstrate support the core values and goals of Agency
• Must have a current valid driver’s license, auto liability insurance and reliable transportation
• Must be on call at least once per month
• 100% travel may be required
High School Diploma or GED. Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Works indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from patient homes. Requires considerable physical effort most of the day including kneeling, squatting, reaching, twisting, climbing, walking, exposure to temperature and humidity changes and maximal assist in lifting and/or transferring of a 100 pound patient. Must possess sight/hearing senses or use appropriate adaptive devices that will enable senses to function at a level required to meet the essential duties of the position. Must provide evidence of annual TB test and other state-required tests or examinations. Be able to tolerate exposure to elements including, but not limited to, odors, blood, body fluids and excrements, adverse environmental conditions and hazardous materials.