Summary of Essential Functions for the Position:
A Registered Nurse who works under the supervision of the Director of Nursing/Clinical Manager to direct the total management of clinical operations in the branch office with assigned staff, responsible for overall direction, quality and efficiency of managing home health services, demonstrates knowledge of policies and procedures and time management. Clinical Supervisor also establishes, implements and evaluates goals and objectives for home health services which meet and promote the standards of quality and contribute to the total organization. Participates in patient, caregiver, and family counseling and education. Communicates with all physicians
involved in the plan of care and other health care practitioners (as appropriate) related to the current plan of care. Provides services that are ordered by the physician as indicated in the plan of care. The Skilled Professional staff whether direct employee of the agency or under arrangement are expected to contribute to all phases of the QAPI program and participates in with ongoing interdisciplinary assessments of patients. The RN will participate in the development and revision of the plan of care in partnership with the patient, patient representative (if any) and caregiver(s). Periodically administers skilled care to patients, performing field visits when required.
Qualifications / Licensure / Certification / Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
• Currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing
• CPR certified with American Heart Association or American Red Cross
• Extensive nursing experience with emphasis in home care preferred
• Clinical management level experience with the ability to supervise, direct and mentor personnel
• May be required to serve as the Administrator, Alternate Administrator, Director of Nursing or Alternate Director of Nursing for one or more locations with the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) pursuant to s. 408.803 and in accordance with the job description for Doctor’s Choice Home Care, Inc.
• Demonstrates knowledge of Medicare, accreditation criteria and standards
• Acceptance and ability to demonstrate support the core values and goals of Agency
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility, initiative and work with minimal supervision
• Ability to work with individuals to enlist cooperation of many people to perform/achieve a common goal
• Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, observation, good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to demonstrate problem identification & resolution skills
• Ability to demonstrate positive customer service skills
• Must have a current driver’s license, auto liability insurance and reliable transportation
• Must be on call at least once per month, or as needed
• Travel may be required
High School Diploma or GED. Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Works indoors in the Agency office and travels to/from patients’ homes when necessary. Moderate physical effort most of the day including kneeling, squatting, reaching, twisting, climbing, walking, exposure to temperature and humidity changes and maximal assist in lifting and/or transferring of a 100-pound patient. Must possess sight/hearing senses or use appropriate adaptive devices that will enable senses to function at a level required to meet the essential duties of the position. Must provide evidence of annual TB test and other state required tests or examinations. Be able to tolerate exposure to elements including, but not limited to, odors, blood, body fluids and excrements, adverse environmental conditions and hazardous materials.