We are seeking a dedicated and talented Certified Athletic Trainer to join DJO as a Field Service Representative in Beaumont, TX. This is a great opportunity to work in a clinical setting for the leader in orthopedic bracing with brands such as DonJoy, Aircast, Procare, and Exos. Don’t miss this great opportunity to start your career with an industry leader!
- Provides comprehensive account management and day to day service operations for stock and bill program customized for clinical orthopedic practice.
- Responsible for proper measuring, application and instructions of soft orthopedic goods, functional bracing, bone growth stimulation, and all other DJO products dispensed at clinics.
- Provides customer service to clinical staff including physicians, physician assistants, and patients.
- Responds to questions, issues, and problems of moderate to complex scope.
- Serves as a liaison between customer and sales team.
- Responsible for inventory management including audits, defective product returns, exchanges and public education in accordance to OSHA regulations.
- Ensures completion of appropriate forms through DJO’s secure automation platforms.
- Works within EMRs to access appropriate patient information for billing, as well as to read and understand medical records.
- Responsible for verifying insurance benefits using real-time automation tools for upfront collection of deductibles and co-insurance.
- Completes and delivers appropriate documentation to billing department, following all necessary compliance and regulatory processes.
- Obtains Certificate of Medical Necessity forms and chart notes as necessary and forwards to the Billing Department.
- Responsible for pre-authorization of claims as required by individual insurance contracts.
- Performs functional brace measuring and fitting as prescribed by the physicians of the clinic.
- Coordinates patient care for follow-up brace fitting appointments as necessary.
- Responsible for educating staff members on DJOHS policies and procedures.
- Identifies infection control area(s) for product disposal and educates staff of area requirements.
- Adheres to all internal Corporate Compliance guidelines and government healthcare regulations, in addition to the policies and procedures set forth by the clinic or hospital administration.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a hospital, healthcare facility/clinic or office, or as an independent contractor working directly in the care of the orthopedic patient, or related experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required.
- Board of Certification (BOC) in Athletic Training required.
- Holds an active Athletic Training license with the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulation required.
- Experience dealing with multiple physicians in a high-volume clinic required.
- Previous experience with inventory management programs and EMRs strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with the application of soft goods/functional bracing preferred.
- May require travel up to 10% of the time, but overnight travel is not required.
- Occasional time spent traveling in car to customer accounts.
- Must be willing to travel to various local clinic sites, using own transportation, upon request as dictated by territory.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Field based (i.e. physician’s offices, hospitals, clinics, etc.).
- Physical Demands: Must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Office deskwork requiring sitting, walking, using phone and computer.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.