Are you looking for a supportive teaching environment with low student-teacher ratios and the ability to make a significant impact on student outcomes?
Do you want to join a multi-disciplinary team with a strengths-based approach, emphasizing applied behavior analysis and positive behavior supports?
If you answered YES to either of these questions, then consider joining Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Colorado.
Being a Special Education Teacher has its Advantages
As a Devereux teacher, you will work with other dedicated education professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer:
-Greater autonomy and flexibility with teaching plans; fewer state mandates
-Assignment of a teacher’s assistant to your classroom to help maintain the physical, emotional wellbeing and safety of all students
-Classrooms equipped with SMART boards and educational learning supplies
-Unique programs that go beyond basic academic curriculum, such as: art therapy, animal care therapy, yoga, drama, life-skills and more
-Quality Low-Cost Benefits, plus student loan debt assistance and 30-day benefit eligibility waiting period for new hires! http://benefits.devereux.org
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Colorado provides programs and services for children and adolescents with a variety of mental and behavioral health challenges. Located in Westminster, CO, this position is responsible for planning and implementing academic and affective programming. This role also reads and implements each client’s individualized treatment plan, and is an active team member in carrying out treatment goals.
Devereux Colorado was recognized as a National Association of Special Education Teachers School of Excellence for 2016-2017
To qualify, we require:
- BS/BA in Education with SPED certification
- Math Endorsement Preferred but not required
- Experience with Positive Behavioral Intervention and Support strategies required
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must be able to complete and provide proof of current influenza vaccination
- Devereux requires all individuals interviewing for a position involving contact with children to complete The Diana Screen, a screening that assesses a candidate’s understanding of appropriate boundaries between adults and children.
Alternative Teaching license is welcome!