Job Title/Grade: Recruiter/Senior Recruiter/Principal Recruiter, MENA Delivery (7-9)
Reports to: Senior Manager, Project Recruitment
Department: Development Innovations
Date: February 2, 2021
Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
Function of the Position:
DAI seeks a highly motivated and skilled individual with full life cycle international recruitment experience and/or other relevant experience in international development for the position of Recruiter/Senior Recruiter/Principal Project Recruiter. The Project Recruiter will report to the Senior Manager, Project Recruitment but work directly with, as an embedded resource, for project management teams and oversee project recruitment across a region’s programs.
This position and requires someone with a firm grasp on the big picture of project recruitment as well as knowledge of the entire recruitment process – from candidate sourcing to compliance. The Project Recruiter will serve as the single Point of Contact for project recruitment matters, including sourcing and filling short- and long-term expatriate as well as cooperating country national project positions during start-up and throughout the life of the project, as needed. The Project Recruiter must possess a demonstrated ability to prioritize a high volume of requests, access resources across the company–including project field offices, and delegate assignments. The Project Recruiter will be responsible for quality control on all project recruitment, and by extension must excel at coordinating, managing, training and mentoring staff supporting project recruitment. The Project Recruiter may be required to serve as the start-up recruiter for new projects and contribute to new business initiatives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Lead complex recruitment assignments that require creative applications of knowledge to specific recruitment challenges
· Work closely with the Regional Vice President, Regional Finance and Operations Manager, and Project Team Directors to prioritize project recruitment needs
· Serve as the embedded point of contact for regional project management teams on project recruitment policies and procedures
· Provide on-the-job training, guidance and mentoring to project management staff on recruitment processes and procedures, compliance and systems
· Serve as Start-Up Recruiter, as needed, including undertaking multiple-week field assignments
· Work with hiring managers to develop position descriptions, staffing plans and candidate rosters
· Source appropriate candidates through internal and external networks, industry events, DAI’s internal recruitment database and online electronic resources
· Follow standardized processes to screen and select the best candidates, ensuring compliance with all governmental and client employment specifications
· Facilitate decision-making by hiring managers in order to meet hiring deadlines
· Negotiate candidate salaries, benefits and allowances in accordance with budget constraints and client regulations
· Ensure that all staffing documentation submitted on projects or proposals complies with donor specifications (including letters of commitment, references, due diligence, and other)
· Tailor candidates’ CVs to address qualifications required for specific roles
· Access resources from the Delivery team to smoothly manage project recruitment workload
· Coordinate project recruitment resources, manage recruitment task assignment and quality control; track progress and ensure recruitment quality and compliance
· Coordinate with New Business Recruitment Team on standard recruitment policies and procedures, networking and sourcing
- Grade 7: Minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience and a Master’s degree
· Grade 8: Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience and a Master’s degree
· Grade 9: Minimum of 7 years of professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience and a Master’s degree
Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
· Experience working in international development, preferably in recruitment, project management, or business development
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment with only general direction
· Ability to travel to all countries where DAI implements its projects, barring times when DAI Global security has deemed travel unsafe – (estimated travel requirement up to 4 times per year).
· Ability to take responsibility for assignments and report on progress with minimal oversight
· Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with internal clients and external candidates, both verbally and in writing
· Strong oral and written communication skills in English
· Excellent interpersonal and time management skills, and ability to work effectively with diverse teams and handle many tasks simultaneously, often with inflexible deadlines
· Equivalent combinations of experience and training will be considered
· USAID proposal recruitment experience
· Professional working proficiency in another language, such as Arabic, Spanish or French
Supervisory Requirements: None
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.