Job Title: Product Associate I/II, Product Specialist (Grades 5-7)
Department: Center for Digital Acceleration
Reports to: Associate Manager, Products and Innovation
Date: March 11, 2021
Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
Function of the Position:
The role of the product specialist is to support DAI’s Center for Digital Acceleration (CDA) and its growing portfolio of projects. The position will be based in Bethesda, MD, reporting to CDA’s Associate Manager for Products and Innovation, and will work closely with a team of data analysts, data scientists, and software developers. This person will be responsible for serving as the product manager on engagements between the CDA team and projects across DAI.
This person will be a key member of the CDA team, a team of development technologists leading DAI’s digital business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Gather requirements from project teams, document expectations, and communicate them to team members.
· Manage the schedule and scope of engagements with both internal and external clients to help the team deliver high quality products.
· Facilitate overall project management and team collaboration on projects.
· Serve as a key point of contact for internal and external clients on CDA projects.
· Identify and address client needs; develop client relationships.
Team Strategy and Processes
· Contribute to the ongoing development and implementation of project management processes, systems, and tools for the CDA team.
· Work closely with the Associate Manager, Products and Innovation to ensure team processes are following best practices.
Additional responsibilities may be assigned depending on evolving business needs.
Grade 5: 2 years professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or a master’s degree.
Grade 6: 3 years professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or 1 year professional experience and a master’s degree.
Grade 7: 4 years professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or 2 years of professional work experience and a master’s degree.
· Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
· Proven project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
· Experience with full lifecycle software development.
· Experience with open source mobile data collection tools and content management systems, such as WordPress or Wagtail.
· Experience with technical requirements gathering and UX/UI design.
· Experience in client-facing positions.
· Agile methodology training or certifications (i.e. Scrum Master Certification)
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.