Job Title/Grade: Digital Associate I/II (Grades 5-6)
Reports to: Principal ICT Specialist, Digital Advisory, Center for Digital Acceleration
Department: Center for Digital Acceleration
Date: March 2, 2021
Organization and Values
DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world.
DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner.
DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
Function of the Position:
This is a full-time professional position within the Center for Digital Acceleration (CDA). The position will be based in Bethesda, Maryland with overseas travel up to 25% time (as COVID-related travel restrictions ease). Reporting to the Principal ICT Specialist, Digital Advisory, this position will be responsible for coordinating, tracking, and growing demand for digital advisory services across DAI’s international portfolio of development projects. S/he will work directly DAI project management teams, field project leadership and staff, new business units, and other relevant staff to understand their digital advisory needs, and work with the Principal ICT Specialist, the Senior Manager for Digital Advisory and other management members to address these needs with relevant CDA staff, products, consultants, and services. S/he will also support new business and knowledge management efforts to capture lessons from digital advisory activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Work with CDA team members to identify and track
o Demand for digital advisory services across DAI business units and projects
o CDA expertise and technical capabilities and past performance in various international development sectors and geographies
o CDA consultants, partners, subcontractors and other digital service providers
· Develop, maintain, and update appropriate tracking tools/mechanisms, including internal DAI tools for client management and recruitment
· Work with CDA Advisory staff and CDA management to help develop and execute an internal outreach strategy
· Attend and compile notes in meetings with appropriate DAI staff, field teams, and clients
· Work with home office staff, field staff, and clients to support digital advisory activities, including research, writing, and contributing to deliverables
· Support CDA’s new business efforts through research, writing, thought leadership, bid coordination, and conference attendance.
· Collect, document and distribute best practices; document key project information related to DAI’s digital solutions
· Perform administrative tasks including assisting CDA staff in managing consultants, managing sub-contractors, budgets etc.
· Coordinate online and offline events
· Research and create relevant content for CDA’s/ DAI’s publications, websites, and blogs
· Perform other related responsibilities as assigned
- Grade 5: Minimum of 2years of relevant professional experience and a bachelor’s degree; or a master’s degree
- Grade 6: Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience and bachelor’s degree; or minimum of 1 year of professional experience and a master’s degree
- Excellent communications skills – particularly in writing and relationship-building
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and specifically Excel
- Ability to work successfully under tight timelines and across multiple projects
- Ability to meet deadlines, take initiative and accomplish work with minimal supervision
- Able to travel internationally to any country in which DAI implements projects up to 25% of the time (as COVID-related travel restrictions ease)
- Experience with or knowledge of one or more of the following: business development, donor-funded projects and technical assistance contracting procedures, project implementation across a range of development sectors
- Knowledge of or experience with a range of hardware and software solutions for development, for instance, mobiles, portals, collaboration and social media tools, apps, open source applications, and geospatial tools, and their application across a range of development sectors (natural resources, health, governance, peacebuilding, agriculture, economic growth, M&E, etc.)
- Experience with digital-focused business development, project design, and/or project implementation in the international development sector
- Experience working in an international context, working successfully and respectfully in local communities
- Comfortable independently managing research processes, logistics and local relationships in fast-moving field environments
- Additional desired competencies/skills: problem solving, analytical skills, ability to take initiative, work independently, and meet deadlines
- French, Spanish, Russian, or Arabic language preferred
Supervisory Requirements: None
DAI is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.