Design Interactive is seeking a data scientist who uses predictive modeling to solve a variety of research and development problems. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work with a wide variety of unstructured data, building utilities to acquire, clean, and organize the data. The ideal candidate will also be a motivated, quick learner who has a track record of creating and employing highly intelligent, analytic solutions, and is equipped to work on every stage of the end-to-end analytical process. Responsibilities include utilizing software development best practices to create models, algorithms, and classifiers in a variety of domains (computer vision, decision support, simulation, etc.). This role also involves extensive research and problem solving spanning artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML), human physiology and cognition, adaptive training, and virtual/augmented/mixed reality (VAMR).
Salary commensurate with experience.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN AND MAINTAIN A UNITED STATES SECURITY CLEARANCE.
Education: PhD or Master’s degree in Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics, Computational Neuroscience, Machine Learning, Physics, or related field with strong experience in image recognition algorithm development and machine vision
Experience: 5+ years relevant experience
- Predictive modeling and programming, especially with unstructured data (Python, Hadoop, AWS, etc.); project examples to demonstrate ability
- Proven past experience developing, designing, constructing, and maintaining data structures, models, physical databases, and algorithms rather than relying on out-of-the-box solutions
- Applied research experience with data mining (data preparation & analysis, data cleaning, knowledge extraction & interpretation) and coding.
- Applied research experience using machine learning/artificial intelligence techniques to accomplish various types of detection/classification and prediction.
- Communication skills ability to succinctly translate technical findings to non-technical people; experience writing technical reports and grant proposals
- Understanding of underlying theories and experience developing solutions using multiple advanced modeling approaches, such as the following:
- Machine learning,
- Reinforcement learning
- Algorithm design and data analysis:
- Image analysis, feature extraction, experience working with image capture, pattern recognition
- Visualization skills (ability to tell a story with data; turn data into insight)
- Refereed publications
- Successful grants, contracts, and/or proposal applications
- Experience implementing programs, complex algorithms, and models in C#, C++, or Java
- Experience deploying models on end user devices
- Ability to lead a team of data modelers with a proactive and positive attitude, and to be productive in a dynamic, fast-paced, and demanding environment
Position requires a moderate amount of local, overnight and extended travel.
Physical requirements involve performing general office activities.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Competitive 401k, Compensated time off, Flex time, Corporate Ticket Discounts and more.
Design Interactive, Inc. is a certified woman owned small business. Founded in 1998, DI Specializes in human systems integration, including Custom Training Solutions, Human Capital Management and UI/UX & Software Development. DI is an equal opportunity employer.