Cytokinetics is a late-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing, and commercializing first-in-class muscle activators as potential treatments for people with debilitating diseases in which muscle performance is compromised and/or declining. As a leader in muscle biology research, we’re developing small molecule drug candidates specifically engineered to increase muscle function and contractility. We take a purpose-driven approach by leveraging our unique muscle biology expertise to engineer compounds with specific characteristics aimed at treating diseases that impact muscle function, like heart failure, ALS and SMA.
We view our employees as the unequivocal ingredients to success. Each and every employee is an integral member of the Cytokinetics team, contributing to our shared goal of improving lives. While expectations of our employees are high, there is an equal commitment to ensuring that contributions are recognized and rewarded. We seek exceptional individuals to join us in our mission to develop the next generation of novel small molecule drugs specifically engineered to increase muscle function and contractility.
We are currently seeking a Research Associate for our Medicinal Chemistry department. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and creative scientist to join our Medicinal Chemistry department. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of growing, dynamic, and highly collaborative R&D team involving novel target approach to find medicine for unmet medical need.
· Independently perform design and synthesis the next generation compounds by application of medicinal chemistry knowledge to the analysis of potency, DMPK, and off-target selectivity data
· Provide support, guidance, and mentorship for experiment design, data analysis, and result communication back to the team
· Contribute to exploratory research and lead optimization projects, and collaborate closely with colleagues in other groups
· Summarize/interpret data and present findings in research meetings
· Maintain detail experimental records
· Come in with a growth mindset that will help your advancement in this growing research group.
· Become a fluent user of our software infrastructure including Scifinder, ChemCart,,Spotfire, Stardrop and Moe to carry out daily research activities efficiently.
· Help maintain research lab productivity by adhering to outlined group responsibilities and safety procedures.
· BS/MS in Chemistry with 0-3 years of experience and demonstrated independent scientific creativity and contribution either from industry or academia experience
· Demonstrated expertise in organic synthesis, chromatographic purification methods, and compound characterization using modern analytical techniques (NMR, MS, HPLC, etc.).
· Organized, detail-oriented, excellent record-keeping skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to work independently and perform well in a team environment.
· Display communication skills that will allow you to collaborate with both team members and partners outside the group.
Our passion is anchored in rigorous and diligent scientific and clinical approaches to the discovery and development of novel mechanism therapeutics. With gratitude for the commitments and convictions of our employees who are inspired by the courage of patients we aim to serve, we believe Cytokinetics will continue to be a pioneering, values-driven, sustainable, fully integrated biopharmaceutical company.
Please visit our website at: www.cytokinetics.com
Cytokinetics is an Equal Opportunity Employer