The Sales Support Representative is an integral member of the Sales Excellence Department and interacts with Field Sales, Inside Sales, Lead Generation, Sales Enablement, Services, Finance, and Marketing to enable the company to grow and capture market share. The Sales Support Representative reports to the Director of Sales Excellence. The primary responsibility of this position is to work hand in hand with the regional sales team to support prospecting and selling activities.
What You’ll Do
- Manage all inbound requests from regional sales teams including contract activation, billing and collections items, ad hoc reporting requests, CRM data updates, account assignment changes and other administrative tasks as assigned
- Liaise with sales and finance to answer billing related questions
- Conduct customer and prospect research as needed. This will include gathering information and presenting in a clear and meaningful way that is easily presented to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prospecting support including opportunity and lead identification by staying up to date on industry news and trends, tracking prospect filings, following prospect organizational moves, etc.
- Assist with sales rep meeting preparation including preparing slide presentations, reporting support and other information gathering as necessary.
- Monitor sales performance against KPIs and report progress and make suggestions to sales and regional managers as appropriate
- Work with sales team to manage pipeline data accuracy and integrity
- Balance multiple priorities and deadlines
- Participate in daily and weekly meetings and conference calls
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, or related field or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in Sales, Sales Operations, Finance, and/or Business Strategy
- Demonstrate strong Microsoft Excel competence, including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, and other functions
- Demonstrate Microsoft Powerpoint or Google Slides experience sufficient to create and modify presentations as needed
- Ability to articulate processes and gather requirements in a meaningful way with our sales and sales operations teams
- Strong analytical and accuracy skills
- Confident self-starter
- Effective presentation and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication and the ability to interact professionally with diverse groups, executives, managers, and subject matter experts
- Willingness to work rare nights and weekends when business needs require
Even Better If You…
- Are proficient in Salesforce