Crossroads Consulting seeks a full time position of Immigration Focused Associate. This position will be focused on civic engagement and communications with an immigration focus.
Crossroads Campaigns Solutions is a progressive consulting firm providing essential services for successful political campaigns, civic engagement enterprises, and nonprofits. With a breadth and depth of experience spanning campaigns from town council to the presidency, our staff is well-suited to provide the guidance and assistance necessary for you to thrive.
RESPONSIBILITIES will include but not be limited to:
- Identify and lead response to breaking news, often making sensitive judgment calls in emerging immigration news.
- Coordinate all postings and correspondence for Facebook page and other social media accounts.
- Create and refine communications content, including talking points, news releases, op-eds, letters to the editor, blog posts, backgrounders, social media content, videos, infographics, and web features for immigration focused client
- Contribute to the advertisement process from creative and copy, to production, and ad placements.
- Schedule appointments, meetings and conference calls, often requiring complex coordination of schedules of multiple parties.
- Schedule and Prepare Board Members, clients, and staffers for Hill meetings.
- Completes other special projects and assignments as directed.
- Serve as the initial contact for requests of a general nature and from third parties.
- Assist in preparation with events for annual conferences, including development and product of lobby materials, scheduling, and event planning duties.
- Experience working in immigration reform advocacy and public awareness campaigns and in communicating complex issues to a variety of people.
- Experience writing/editing for promotional emails, social media and blog posts, advertisement and website copy, or other communications materials.
- Experience working with tracking and analyzing advertising campaigns in Google Ads, Facebook, etc.
- Experience working with CRM platforms such as MailChimp, HubSpot, or similar.
- Experience with planning and coordinating large scale events, virtual events, and hill meetings.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Has demonstrated interest and experience in advocacy, politics, and the policymaking process.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills, including the ability to recognize and verbalize priorities and help to execute on them in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks/projects simultaneously and accurately.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a nonprofit or campaign setting.
- Fluency in Spanish language skills are a plus.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Please submit a Cover Letter, Resume, and 2 Writing Samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crossroads Campaigns is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and all applicants will be considered without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, physical or mental disability, age, military and veteran status, medical condition, national origin or citizenship status. We strongly encourage individuals of diverse backgrounds to apply as we believe that diversity in experiences and perspectives promotes creativity and productivity. Crossroads Campaigns is a progressive firm that actively promotes diversity and inclusion within and through our staff, clients, civic engagement and political work, and values.