Commissary/ Events Cook Job Description
The Commissary & Events Cook is a core position within the company. As Commissary & Events Cook you are a food service professional and part of a team assisting in the day to day prep of event orders and working at various event locations throughout South Florida. As an off-premise catering company, the success of each event is contingent on properly executing these job duties the same as the warehouse, sales and service staff. Delicious and safe food is the cornerstone to the company. This position offers room to grow in the company and this team member is required to hold themselves to the highest level of professionalism in order to advance in the company. Reliability, trustworthiness and self-motivation are key characteristics of the Kitchen Supervisor. A flexible schedule is required along with lifting of some items over 50 pounds. This position is 30 + hours per week year-round.
• Work with Kitchen Supervisor/Sous/Executive Chef to oversee efficient preparation of events – follow prep sheets!
• Work with Kitchen Supervisor/Sous/Executive Chef to oversee high level of food preparation- Quality is priority
• Rotate product & set up for next event
• Ensure all events are labeled properly
• Oversee adherence to recipe preparation
• Ensure regular maintenance, cleanliness of kitchen.
• Ensure events are pulled and loaded properly on vehicle- accurately & timely
• Properly opening and locking of facility when required
• Contribute to the betterment of existing systems
• Cross reference pull sheets to ensure accuracy and understanding of events.