Serving as the most senior leader of the information technology team, the Senior Director of Information Technology (Senior Director of IT) will lead the IT Department of 7 IT professionals in the areas of engineering, security, infrastructure, technical business analytics, and help desk systems support. The Senior Director of IT oversees the technology used to support all aspects of the Company’s business, including its clinics, call center, and corporate offices. This role collaborates with business leadership teams as a strategic partner to provide in-depth technical expertise in support of business decisions. This position is responsible for driving the implementation of best practices for optimizing infrastructure and reducing operational costs and improving system performance and reliability.
The Senior Director of IT collaborates and partners with stakeholders across the Company and must be an outstanding communicator in both oral and written forms, conveying technically complex information and concepts in easily understood terms to business stakeholders. The Senior Director of IT will think strategically, critically, and creatively to present optimal solutions across the Company’s technology stack. The Senior Director of IT must possess deep technical expertise and also be a leader and developer of IT talent for the Company.
The successful candidate must possess exceptional technical skills and be able to architect and design complex cloud and on-premise solutions including advanced security systems and applications.
Cranial Technologies is a fast-paced technology environment and is rapidly expanding across the US. The Senior Director of Information Technology will be expected to seamlessly transition between people manager, hands-on technical troubleshooter, business advisor, solution architect, and project manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and operationalize the Company’s information technology strategy. Recommend short- and long-term IT goals and objectives to business leaders.
- Provide expert and strategic advice to members of the leadership team on all technology matters affecting the Company.
- Serve as the HIPAA Security Officer responsible for ensuring compliance with the HIPAA data security regulations by implementing and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Significant experience managing and implementing business applications and infrastructure.
- Coach, mentor, and develop a team of 7 IT professionals, leading them to meet or exceed expectations for productivity, quality, and achievement.
- Consciously create a workplace culture that emphasizes the mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the Company. Create a culture of IT professionals focused on deep business alignment, accountability for outcomes, and continuous improvement. Drive transformational change and innovation while balancing business, infrastructure, budget, and technology needs.
- Ensure key business strategies and processes are supported by technology systems that enable growth and flexibility.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the IT department to achieve secure, reliable, and cost-effective operations of IT infrastructure and applications.
- Effectively establish and manage the Company’s IT budget Seek and evaluate emerging technologies and educate business stakeholders on the potential for new technologies to deliver return on investment by enabling business innovation, efficiency, and competitive advantage.
- Oversee and manage capital projects to ensure target dates and budget expectations are met. Ensure service-level requirements are met while upholding all regulatory and compliance standards.
- Demonstrate a management style that encourages mentorship, teamwork, participation, communication, and service orientation. Empower the IT team to succeed, assist in removing roadblocks, and coach the team to high levels of performance.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of all IT teams, including IT security, development and engineering, infrastructure, technical business analytics, and help desk systems support.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training teammates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining teammates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, with major course work in computer science, information technology, or related field.
- Minimum of fifteen years of progressively senior experience, including experience leading teams across all functions of technology.
- Substantive experience as an engineer and/or architect.
- Significant experience managing IT security programs and adhering to common industry security frameworks.
- Must have significant cloud experience specifically in the areas of Software-as-a-Service and Infrastructure-as-a-Service.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s or advanced education in a related field.
- Relevant experience with cloud and on-premise platforms.
- Experience in building business intelligence and data analytics capabilities.