About C-K Milwaukee
Milwaukee is the birthplace of C-K. Back in 1898, two bicycling enthusiasts—Cody Cramer and Bill Krasselt—started a newsletter about their passion. As that passion became a nationwide craze, advertisers wanted to promote their goods in the newsletter, but most of them didn’t have agencies to help create the ads. Cody and Bill seized the entrepreneurial opportunity and C-K was born.
Today, that spirit is alive and kicking among our team of seasoned marketers, communications and public relations professionals and top creative talent who serve clients from a variety of industries. Whether we are creating award-winning experiences for the Milwaukee Public Library or launching major national campaigns for Cintas, Cat’s Pride, Saputo (cheese brands such as Stella, Montcherre, Black Creek, Salamville and Great Midwest) and many others, we leverage best-in-class strategies in digital and social media, marketing, advertising and public relations to engage the right audience for each client.
And, this team loves Milwaukee so much that they are dedicated to giving back to the community. Each year they put countless time, funds and labor into charities and non-profits such as St. John’s Open Door Café, Milwaukee Public Museum, Sojourner Family Peace Center, Movember and several others.
C-K is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive agency that’s built around respect, collaboration, creativity, and inspiration. We believe an inclusive environment allows us all to create the most compelling work in this industry.
The PR/Social team is looking for someone who is curious and thinks expansively when it comes to strategy and problem-solving. The PR/Social Manager will assist in developing a strategy for integrated communication programs and plans with a commitment to the One C-K business model.
About the role:
- Leads media relations responsibilities including building media lists, pitching media, writing/editing press releases, coordinating media interviews and tracking media coverage
- Assists in the development, execution and management of influencer and social programs
- Aligns all communication and content to create a strong brand identity for clients while ensuring consistent messaging and monitoring
- Partners with appropriate client counterparts and thinks expansively and creatively about problems to identify effective solutions
- Utilizes skills in a cross-discipline, analytical and innovative agency and strives for work that feeds the client’s strategy and overall business goal
- You’re detail oriented and interested in taking a lead role in managing media relations and social programs that create valuable experiences between people and brands
- 1-2 years of experience in Public Relations and social media management
- Able to deliver clear and well-thought-through communication plans to clients and agency team members
- You’re a self-starter with strong organizational skills and can manage projects from beginning to end
- You thrive working in fast-paced and fun environments