Explore research careers and be a part of something bigger!
Covance by Labcorp helps to develop new drugs, medical devices and diagnostics. Your role is vital to improving the health of family, friends and animals.
What you will be doing!
As a Research Assistant (Study Technician) you’ll apply your scientific curiosity in Biology, Physiology, Neuroscience, Animal Science, Zoology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Microbiology, Immunology or similar majors researching the effectiveness, safety and toxicity of drugs in early development animal research studies.
At our Greenfield, IN lab, you will be performing basic necropsy or histology tasks on a variety of laboratory animals in compliance with the appropriate Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Laboratory Practices (GLPs) and regulatory guidelines:
- Perform basic duties of necropsy and/ or basic duties of histology.
- Trim wet tissues.
- Embed tissues into paraffin.
- Tissue staining techniques.
- Report all animal care concerns and become involved in the resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary.
How you will be rewarded!
Working in Greenfield, IN our Pathology Research Assistants:
- Earn a starting hourly rate of $16.00!
- Work primarily 1st shift, with some overtime!
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) (pro-rated depending on start date)
- Have access to other great benefits including: tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and of course medical and dental insurance.
You’ll have access to growth opportunities!
With the support of exceptional people from across the globe, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with:
- Formal and informal mentoring opportunities.
- Extensive training and job shadowing opportunities.
- Personalized development planning.
- Exposure to many drug development scientific career paths.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, or Associate Degree in Histology, Laboratory Animals Technology or Veterinary Technology; experience may substitute for education.
- No professional experience required.