Job ID: 1488
Job Type: Full-Time
When an expedited shipment needs to reach its destination fast, we do what it takes to make it happen. At CNW, we are more than just an international courier; we are a partner in emergency logistics. We understand challenges and work diligently to find the perfect solution for every urgent shipment. We are the premier experts in supply chain and same day international courier shipping. With offices in the US, Mexico, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, Germany and Israel- plus as arsenal of loyal logistics partners- CNW prides itself on being the fastest and most reliable courier service anywhere in the world. Our focus at CNW is business, and we treat every shipment as our own- working around the clock to ensure they reach their destination on time. Every member of our team is available at every day of the year, at any time.
As an Operations Coordinator, you will be responsible for facilitating the movement of shipments, both domestically and internationally, via air and in the most efficient manner. This position involves dispatching agents, planning routes and providing customer support. An operations coordinator is also responsible for preparing export documentations, ensuring effective flow of information.
What You Will Do
● Communicate with ground agents/carriers to ensure the movement of shipments to and from the Air Cargo Terminals
● Carry out route planning, by considering various parameters and limitations
● Ensure documentation is both complete and accurate
● Monitor the status/movement of shipments at every phase as well as coordinate with ground agents and airline partners to resolve any issues as they arise
● Proactively reach out to airline partners and acquire capacity for shipments
What You Will Need (Requirements)
● Bachelor’s Degree in Logistics or equivalent field or 3-4 years of related experience
● 1-2 years prior experience in Logistics/Transportation/Customer Service: Experience in Air Freight preferred
● Must have strong organizational and time management skills
● Strong attention to detail and active listening skills
● Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to work with TMS (Transportation Management System) and Microsoft Office applications
● Demonstrate the ability to comply with CNW’s Core Competencies: Accountability & Responsibility, Collaboration & Teamwork, Communication, Customer Focus, Problem Solving & Decision Making.
● Must be able to work variable shifts (day and night) including weekends and holidays
What We Offer
● Competitive Salary
● Bonus Package
● 401K Plan
● Heath Insurance (fully covered – no deductions)
● Paid vacation time-off
● Promotion opportunities based on merit
● Working in the heart of the Chelsea neighborhood in NYC
● Collaborative work space
● Snacks and catered lunch daily
*All Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States
CNW is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. CNW does not tolerate discrimination against job applicants or employees because of race, color, creed, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation, and military status or any other protected class recognized under federal, state, or local law. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company’s employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.