Scope of Position and Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Lead glass manufacturing process development, new technology development and evaluation.
- Collaborate closely with Research, Modeling and Engineering for in-depth fundamental study.
- Lead on-line trial from experimental design, planning, execution and data analysis. Provide first principle focused inputs and facilitate problem solving using scientific method.
- Coordinate with plant, supply chain, engineering, and other organizations on trial schedule, line time, scope and resources.
- Lead technology transfer to engineering and manufacturing teams.
- Communicate with key programs at Display to solicit inputs and ensure alignment.
- Protect Corning’s intellectual property by filing invention disclosures for patent application timely. Document all project findings in internal, structured reports.
- Support the professional growth of the engineers working on the projects.
Travel Requirements (please note if international):
- 30% domestic and international
Education and Experience:
- Ph.D. in mechanical engineering, materials science, chemical engineering or a related engineering field.
Experience and Skills:
- Excellent skills in managing innovation projects and proven ability for technology transfer from R&D to engineering and manufacturing plants.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Chinese and people skills; able to build and maintain strong linkage with R&D, engineering, plant and commercial technologies.
- Experienced in leading cross functional and multi-disciplined teams composed of Development, Engineering and plant resources to conduct successful online trial.
- Ability to leverage theoretical analysis, modeling as well as lab experiment results and direct the online and lab technology development.
- Proficient in experiment planning and experimental data analysis.
- Has knowledge and experience in project management (small to medium scale).
- Self-starter, self- managing, results oriented and high commitment.
- Knowledge of glass surface and edge characterization techniques.
- Excellent communication skills and influencing skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse team environment, multilingual a plus.
- Able to collaborate across organizational boundaries and integrate solutions.
- Interpersonal skills engaging, enabling, and open.
- Good working attitude and willing to take challenges.