I-GEF/GCF Project Agency Coordinator
Conservation International (CI) has been protecting nature for the benefit of all for over 30 years. Through science, policy, and partnerships, CI is helping build a healthier, more prosperous and more productive planet.
Reporting to the Senior Directors of the Conservation International (CI)-Global Environment Facility (GEF) and Green Climate Fund (GCF) Agencies, this position will provide administrative support to the CI-GEF/GCF Agencies.
This position supports the CI-GEF and CI-GCF Agencies with several tasks, including uploading projects and reports in the GEF/GCF portal, ensuring that the CI-GEF and CI-GCF websites are updated with information generated from projects, formatting and editing documents, preparing monitoring reports, data entry, communicating with consultants, managing file storage systems, managing multiple deadlines, organizing meetings and team retreats, and managing the CI-GEF and CI-GCF email accounts.
CI-GEF and CI-GCF Agency support
- Be the primary point of contact for the online portal of the Global Environment Facility (GEF): prepare/conduct project submissions and resubmissions, monitoring and final reports
- Upload CI submissions to the GCF Accredited Entity platform
- Manage CI-GEF and CI-GCF external websites and intranet sites: this includes regular updates to the website, posting Requests for Proposals, and liaising with CI’s Branding and Communications team
- Manage and maintain the GEF/GCF Agencies SharePoint pages
- Format and edit factsheets, communication materials, PowerPoint presentations, policy papers, templates, project proposals and supporting documents
- Draft Terms of References for consultancies identified by the Senior Directors or other members of the GEF/GCF Agencies’ management team
- Edit monitoring reports (MS Word and Excel sheets) to support CI-GEF/GCF monitoring efforts, annual reporting processes and any ad hoc monitoring
- Support the GEF/GCF Agencies accreditation and compliance efforts through research, gathering and compiling of documents for submission
- Update project information databases and lists of consultants
- Maintain and manage the CI-GEF and CI-GCF email accounts
- Support the institutional approval process for GEF/GCF projects, including gathering approvals, signatures and any additional required documentation
- Other duties as assigned
- Provide executive administrative support to the Senior Vice President (SVP)
- Coordinate international and domestic travel logistics, including plane, hotel, and car transportation and process payments
- Organize meetings/events including team management meetings, trainings, workshops, social events and retreats
- Process all IT procurements and order office supplies
- Schedule all bi-weekly team meetings, coordinate drafting of agendas, and take notes
- Manage the SVP’s calendar as needed
- File expense reports for the SVP and his/her direct reports
- Support the SVP in sending out institutional information or finance deadlines, such as year-end closing dates, and HR related information
- Monitor and report on travel budget for both GEF/GCF and report information to Operations Lead
- Submit accurate information on rent codes to finance and save all submissions in SharePoint, including emails with codes
- Provide support on tools such as Planner, Forms, etc. to CI GEF/GCF Agencies
- Other duties as assigned
Human Resources Support
- Assist the hiring manager and the HR Business Partner in any recruitment process for new hires. This includes coordinate job descriptions, job advertisements, schedule interviews with candidates, travel arrangements, reference check requests, document filing, workstation set up, procurement process, etc.
- Support the HR Business Partner on Human Resources processes such as annual Performance Appraisals and Deliverables, scheduling meetings
- Maintain and update agency organizational charts and staff bios
- Based in CI’s Arlington, VA office with some remote work expected. Schedule to be determined. No travel expected.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work experience in providing administrative support.
- Strong organization skills. Ability to prioritize and manage high volume and varied tasks and meet deadlines.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work proactively and independently.
- Service focus. Courteous, tactful, and proven ability to work effectively with others from a variety of disciplines, cultures and backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to take ownership for wide-ranging responsibilities.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office package and web researching skills.
- Affinity for environmental and conservation issues
- French, Portuguese or Spanish proficiency