MANUFACTURING DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
The Manufacturing Development Program (MDP) provides an accelerated training program for college graduates who have an ability to excel in today’s food manufacturing environment. The program will provide you with exposure to the various facets of Supply Chain within a diverse manufacturing organization and an opportunity to develop into a future manufacturing leader. The MDP will build on your technical skillsets by providing exposure to experienced Conagra Brands professionals through manufacturing settings. You will report into a Continuous Improvement and Operations Manager throughout the program.
The Program is structured to last 24-36 months. During this time, you will gain experiences related to continuous improvement and people leadership within a plant location. First, you will be focused on continuous improvement and process improvement work for 12-18 months. Once you have become proficient in this work, you will be promoted to a role leading others and leading a specific area within a plant location.
Continuous Improvement and Process Improvement Work:
- Own reliability improvement for an assigned production line using reliability tools that you will be trained on throughout the program.
- Develop the operating teams’ technical understanding.
- Verify the accuracy of the operating equipment efficiency data and work with the cell team to address gaps.
- Conduct data analysis on plant losses.
- Develop implementation plans and standards.
- Lead plant resources on continuous improvement efforts.
- Learn core-responsibilities in the ConAgra Performance System (CPS).
Leading Others and Leading a Specific Area of the Plant:
- Own performance for assigned production line and drive improvement.
- Manage production staff, including hiring and disciplining, to attain plant metrics and production schedules.
- Identify and correct constraints in production processes.
- Lead training to develop qualified employees.
- Assure products meet all food safety and quality requirements and are documented correctly.
- Bachelor’s degree in programs related to Engineering, Industrial Technology, Manufacturing, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Food Science or Agriculture
- Leadership experience
- Financial knowledge (i.e. budget management, cost driver understanding)
- Ability to react to daily situations without losing sight of strategy
- Desire to grow within our Manufacturing Department
- Ability to relocate and to travel up to 10%
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- PTO and family leave
- Retirement plans