The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org
CHAI’s Finance team is based out of our Boston office, and provides operational support to programmatic teams working across Africa, Asia and North America. Our teams work to improve access to quality health care and focus on a number of different issues and disease areas including, but not limited to HIV, vaccines, malaria, and maternal and newborn health.
The Contracts Associate provides legal and compliance-related support and direction to CHAI country and program teams spanning over 30 countries. The Associate vets, analyzes, modifies, revises and advises on program, financial, and legal content in CHAI contracts governing program implementation. To improve the internal workflow of the Contracts department, the Associate leads and advises on new and existing procedures and supports intra and inter-departmental tools, policies, reports and more. The Associate is expected to be an advocate for, lead on and help create Contracts department standards and best practices, including those around the processing and tracking of documents, reviewing agreements, interacting with CHAI teams and communicating with partner organizations and agencies.
This role may be based in the United States or a CHAI program country, pending the approval of country leadership.
• Bachelor’s degree required; law degree or graduate degree in relevant field preferred (public policy, public administration, public health, nonprofit management, business, or other social sciences)
• Three to five years of relevant professional experience, with strong preference for experience in a contracts or legal environment
• Demonstrated experience building relationships and establishing credibility with diverse teams
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including impeccable command of English grammar and usage. Ability to perceive subtleties in language and nuanced sentence structure
• Proficiency or fluency in Spanish strongly preferred
• Fluency in Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
• Comfort analyzing financial data and budgets
• Expertise interpreting various legal documents and experience drafting documents
• Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• Strong ability to multi-task and adjust priorities with minimal oversight
• Highly motivated to seek out resolutions and capable of working independently and effectively with minimal oversight
• Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative, team environment
• Passionate about CHAI values